The Photo

Author's note: This is another dare but unlike the last time in "A Story About A Boy", I will write a proper story because I am so SO SOOOOOOOO obsessed with this couple (plz don't kill me, haters). The story here is related to the events in "The Wolf And The Dragon", book 2 by Akita_Ninjago, especially the chapter "Say 'Cheese-ssssss'". That's all I want to say, enjoy :)

[Akita's POV]

The moon was full and bright today. I was all by myself, Lloyd had been out all day and I doubted that he would be back that night. Well, I had been wandered alone for years in NeverRealm but somehow I felt lonely. I followed the soft calming breeze, the whispers of nature, gently caressing my hair inviting me to go outside.

I opened the door to the balcony. The view was so mesmerizing. The fresh green grass waving along with the cool spring sea breeze. The moon was shining brightly above, illuminating and casting different shades of green of the garden. And there were fireflies flying around adorning the place. The garden at that moment resembled the stars upon the midnight sky but..... why was that I could almost see his eyes? I wish Lloyd had been there........

I reached the drawer near to call with the phone he left there, just in case I needed something. However, I held the phone in my hand and sight, he must've been really busy and exhausted for the preparation for the final battle. I decided to place the phone down where we have the photo taken while we were in NeverRealm nearby. The "caramel", that is such a strange device but it brought us this beautiful photo! Wow, I didn't notice that before, I laughed so much, I like it. His expression was just so cute and funny at the same time that I couldn't have got a hold of my laughter! A lot had happened like........ A LOT: The adventure to the Ice Emperor, the Time temple, the hot spring where we almost kissed,......... So good memories! I just wished he had been there for at least a night. I have been missing his warm, comfortable hug all the time he has been away, but I missed him, even more, that moment...... "What are you doing now, Lloyd?" -I asked myself........

[Lloyd's POV]

Gosh..... What a tiring day! It'd been a day full of training and plan discussion....... Being the leader is a big deal, especially your team was likely the whole city!....... "What would Red be doing at the moment?" I was asking myself. I couldn't believe how much I missed her miscellaneous smile. Who needs hot luxurious jacuzzi while you can get heartwarming kisses from your loved one..... It was almost midnight already and the others were long gone to their room so I decided to get home. She must've been waiting.

*About 35 minutes later, flying*

Like people say: 'Home sweet home'. It was such a relief to the familiar shape of your own place. Red might've been sleeping which is why I sneaked in the house like the ninja myself. But, against my expectation, she was standing still gazing at the midnight sky. Yet seeing her was the best gift I could've asked for after a long working day. Was she talking to Ama again? I hoped I wouldn't disturb her. I tiptoed as close to her as possible to have a better look. Woah! How astonishing the sky tonight! And she was holding our photo taken in NeverRealm. I bet she was really into her mind now not to realize my presence which is once in a blue moon to happen as her senses are always so sharp and sensitive.

[Author's POV]

Akita suddenly had a twitch. She sensed something! However, the good old memories had already taken her mind. She raised the photo, let the fascinating moonlight shine upon it, and held it toward her chest.
A: -"Even if we are apart, we'll always be together...."- whispered Akita
L: -"I know Red...."- Lloyd slowly reached his hands around her waist, digging his nose on her hair and hugging her.
A: -"How long have you been there for???"-She asked smiling, knowing he is the only one that can come that close to her without she noticed, as his scent seems to be part of her now.
L: -"Long enough to watch you. How badly did you miss me?"- He asked, nibbling her earlobe, making goosebumps on her skin.
A: -"So much!!! It's been days, honey!"
L: -"Yep! I know, Red. I am sorry it took me so long! I am exhausted... so much that my arms might feel off anytime!"
A: -"In that case, honey, shouldn't you go to sleep now?"- She said with a playful smile.
L: -"That is not in my schedule tonight, unfortunately.......... for you!"- He replied looking far more mischievous than her
A: -"Is that so???" She bit her lower lip, trying not to smile. -"Then, what are you having in your mind?"

*The song below played*

L: -"Hey Red! Listening to this..." - he put one of his earphones on her. "Your favorite song, right?"

A: -"Yes, it is but....."
L: -"🎶Loving can hurt, loving can hurt sometimes🎶......C'mon Red!"-Lloyd said to a surprised, smiling Akita- "It's been a day so sing for me?"
A: -"Your intention, isn't it? You asked for it.........🎶But it's the only thing that I know🎶..."
L: -"🎶When it gets hard...... you know it can get hard sometimes......🎶"
A: -" 🎶And it's the only thing makes us feel alive...🎶"
Lloyd's slowly moved his hands from her waist up to her hands, holding them along with the photo. They started moving in gentle spins and shakes step by step. Their elegant movements synchronized perfectly. Under the shining moonlight, they danced at the same time as they sang together
L&A:-"🎶We keep this love in a photograph.
We made these memories for ourselves........
Where our eyes are never closing. Heart will never be broken. And time's forever frozen still.................
So you can keep me...inside your heart even when we are realm-far. You just need to hold me and I will never let you go.......🎶"
A: -"🎶When you are away... I will remember how you kissed me, under the golden-yellow horizon. You'll never be left alone...🎶"
L:"🎶And if we're hurting, that's ok as long as we have each other. Let love fill up what we've been missing and we'll never ever be alone. Just wait for me to come home......🎶"
As they ended their duet, a sweet and gentle performance of true love, they sealed it with a loving kiss, most deserved and desired for days.

A: "That was....beautiful!"- Lloyd said moving the hair out of her face.

L: "Not as beautiful as you are"
A: "Are you tired now? It's almost 1 am, Honey!"
L: "I know..........but you should know that I'm not tired, yet. I haven't spent enough of this night with you........... I missed you far too much"
A: "So......What shall we do?" - Akita let go a soft giggle, making a playful face.

L: "I guess I am not the only one that wants to stay awake longer. But before anything, I have a seriously important message only for you, Red"- Spoke Lloyd sternly
A: "Um.......what is that?"- Said Akita nervously
L: "I love you, Red"- And Lloyd give her a lovely smile
A: "I love you too, Lloyd"
That night was one of their most memorable nights.......

A big and special thanks to Akita_Ninjago for perfecting this book :). I'm not the best at literature so if there's any skillful write reading this, be sure to leave me a comment. Also, who sang that song along while reading this? I did 😁

P/S: This originally came from a dare