Takes One to Dance

Recently, Gekkoukan High has been promoting a brand new dance. They thought it'd be a good idea as a sort of fundraiser for the school; the money spent on tickets going towards various equipment for an all around better school experience. Many of the students were more than just a little excited for it, thinking now would be the perfect time to ask out anyone they had a special interest for. SEES was no different.

Inside Minato's room, Akihiko wanted to speak with him. "How do I ask her out? I mean, that's not just something you can do with her." Akihiko seemed distraught, having completely expended any ideas to think of. "I've seen tons of guys ask her out. Stories from those guys tell of the minute- no- HOUR long rants of anger she would have. I just don't know what to do anymore."

Minato couldn't do much else but shrug. "I don't have much to tell you here. Most I can say is that I hope she doesn't freak out when you've told her."

"Yeah...that's just about what I expected." Akihiko sighed, tapping on his forehead. Him and Mitsuru had been friends since middle school, getting along great with each other. Putting everything on the line here wasn't going to be easy. Not even shadow brawling could prepare a man for this

"Why don't you take an uh...a battle mindset into this? Rush in, throw a few jabs, and if things get heated the you've got to duck and weave on out of there. If it goes well, throw more jabs, and even an uppercut if the opportunity comes."

"A battle mindset...yeah— yeah, I can do that!" He clanked his knuckles together and went over to the door, swinging it open and sprinting on out.

"You're welcome, I guess." Minato did a small prayer for him before going back to what he was doing before.

The new ideas in Akihiko's mind made him feel much more assured that he can make this go well, or at least prepare for the worst. Thinking through a situation is something he didn't do much, being a much more 'fight now, questions later' type of guy. This was something that he had to take with a little more thought put into it.

It was the night before the dance, so he didn't have much time to plan something out. Not anything to say, anything to do; nothing. He was educatedly winging it. Now all he had to do was ask if Mitsuru was going.

Dashing down the hallway, just on time, he spotted her. She didn't seem busy so he took a deep breath and made his way towards her. "Hey, Mitsuru. I was wondering. You planning on going to the dance?"

Mitsuru nodded. "Of course. As a student council member, I'm required to go incase any mishaps arr to occur. Is there any reason you want to know?" Already, he felt his spine shiver as he was deliver a menacing look from her.

"Just checking. I thought that if my friends were going, I'd go too." What he said wasn't a lie, but it definitely wasn't the full truth.

"Alright. Well, then get yourself something nicer to wear. You're not going in your school uniform." Her voice was strict and downright scary. "If you come to the dance dressed like that, expect to be executed. Right in the gym. Understand?"

"You don't have to tell me twice..." Akihiko shakily responded. After that, he walked away. So now all he had to do was find a nicer looking outfit and from there, everything would be settled until tomorrow.