THIRTY

thank you for 3k  ♥
long way down - one direction
Y/N POV

"I can't decide." Noah says with a sigh.

"NYU, easy." I tell him rolling my eyes. How long is it going to take for him to realize this? We've had this conversation countless times and it's starting to get a little old.

"But it's not that easy!" Noah says frustrated.

"Babe, it's not that hard. NYU is where you've always wanted to go, so go there. UCLA was just a backup, but you don't need it anymore." I say irritated. 

"But-"

"No, Noah. If you're just going to keep complaining then talk to someone else about it." I huff.

"Fine then." He says and snaps him computer shut and packing it away and standing up.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

"To 'complain' to someone else." Noah says using air quotes and staring down at me stubbornly.

"Look, I'm sorry I got mad, don't go." I say. He nods and sits back down, folding his arms on the table and putting his face in them. I roll my eyes at him and continue to type into my computer. I've been filling out the last of my paper work for next year, including dorm requests. Jade and I are rooming together, which will be so much fun. To be honest, I'm so excited about college. Noah looks at me with puppy dog eyes and pouts, staring up at me. 

"...why can't you decide?" I ask, giving into him.

"Because of you. Sure, it's be amazing to go to NYU, but that means going to a school across the country from you." He rants, putting his face in his hands and slumping his shoulders.

"It won't be that bad, we could visit every once in a while." I say.

"But every once in a while won't be good enough. I can barely go a day without being with you,      so 6 months is going to be pure torture. Plus, you've never done long distance and it sucks." Noah replies.

"I'm sure it's not as horrible as you make it sound."

"Yes, Y/n, it is. It's like you're dating ghost! You never see each other in person, so eventually you stop talking as much, you grow apart, you fall out of love." He says, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Well if you really love that person, then you fight for them." I simply say. He's blowing this way out of proportion.

"It's not that simple." Noah says.

"Noah, you're making a big deal out of nothing." I say crossing my arms and leaning back in my chair.

"No, you're not taking it seriously." He fires back.

"What? Yes I am!" I defend.

"If you were you'd see that long distance is not something that you'd want to do!"

"I don't want to do it, but this is the rest of your life Noah. You can't just miss out on your dreams because of me." I tell him

"Y/n, you're not listening. I guarantee you that if we do long distance, we'll break up." Noah argues.

"If you really loved me, you'd fight. We'd fight. I promise you that if we're meant to be, we'd get through it." I say.

"You don't get it do you? This has happened to me before, I know what it's like and it's hell. It's not some stupid test of love. Why can't you just stop being so stubborn and listen to me?" Noah says angrily.

"Why can't you just listen to me? At this rate you won't have to worry about long distance!" I fire back.

"What?"

"You heard me." I say matter of factly.

"You know what, I'm done with this conversation."

"Good, because so am I!" I yell.

"Good!" Noah yells back, standing up and grabbing his things.

I watch as he walks out of the library angrily, ignoring the looks and stares of the people around us. Instead of paying attention, I angrily type into my computer. God, he's so stubborn. Does he really think we would just break up? If he really loved me we could get through it, but apparently he just can't see that. The more I think about it, the more unfair it is. He's so caught up in me to see what's in front of him. Noah has dreamed about this college for so long and now that I'm his girlfriend, it's clouding his judgement.

The more I think about it, the worse it gets.

a/n -

hey

<3 lilia