THIRTY ONE

this is kind of weird but are there like any questions you have that i could answer that wouldn't really like spoil anything? if you just comment them and i'll answer but if you don't then don't like worry about it or anything.

TIME SKIP TWO WEEKS
chemicals (acoustic) - dean lewis
Y/N POV

For the past two weeks, all Noah and I have done is argue. Argue, argue, and argue over stupid stuff. It's like after that fight at the library, things have permanently changed between us, which kills me. Things went from perfect to awful in the span of such a short time. I haven't kissed him, or held him, or laughed with him in what feels like forever. I miss him so much. All I want if for things to go back to how they were before everything happened. I wish I could transport myself back to my birthday, that day was so magical. It was like everything was perfect. So far the entire day, all I've managed to do is cry nonstop about anything and everything. Summer is supposed to be fun, this summer especially, but it's been everything but.

"Y/n?" Someone at my door asks, knocking.

"Who is it?" I ask loud enough for them to hear.

"Luke." He says.

"Come in." I sigh. Luke opens the door and walks over to my bed.

"Have you been crying?" He asks, sitting on the edge of my bed, looking down at me with a sympathetic look.

"No." I lie, rubbing my eyes.

"Mhm, okay. Well I just wanted to check on you. No one's heard from you in days." Luke says worriedly. 

"Oh, uh, yeah, I've just been busy with school, that's all." I reply smiling a little.

"You sure?" He asks.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I reply laughing.

"Okay. Well Jade and I were going to drive down to the beach if you wanted to come.." He says.

"Sounds fun, I'm in. I'll meet you at Jade's in a bit." I tell him, shooing him off my bed.

Luke nods and leaves, shutting my door behind him. I sigh and drag my sleep deprived self out of bed and shuffle over to my closet, pulling out a bathing suit and changing into it and putting on a little cover up dress and sandals to go with it. I walk across the hallway to my bathroom and stare at my reflection. Dang, I look rough. As I brush through my hair, I look at my face and how tired and worn out I look. Who knew fighting with Noah would take such a toll on me. Snapping out of my daze, I walk out of my bathroom and greet Dad before heading out and walking over to Jade's.

"Good morning, Y/n/n." Jade says smiling as she opens the door.

"Good morning, sunshine."

Noah's voice rings through my ears and I just stare blankly at Jade, thinking of him.

"Y/n?" Jade asks confused.

"Oh, sorry, good morning." I say with a laugh, stepping into her house.

*****

Luke, Jade and I drive along the freeway on our way to the beach. Music quietly plays on the radio and it takes me back to the countless car rides with Noah. God, I miss him so much. The song changes on the radio, and Noah's favorite song comes on. Without thinking, I break down in tears, staring down at my lap as I sit in the backseat. 

"What's wrong, Y/n?" Luke asks worriedly from the drivers seat, staring at me in the rearview mirror.

"Nothing, it's just-...Noah and I have been fighting a lot and...and this is his favorite song." I stutter choking on a sob, looking up through the sunroof at the bright blue sky.

"Aw, Y/n, I'm so sorry." Jade says, turning around in her seat, grabbing my hand and rubbing circles with her thumb.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't cry."

"Don't be, I know how hard it is to be on bad terms with someone you love." Luke consoles, driving along.

I let out a loud sigh and laugh at myself and my stupid tears. It's just that I know I'm being unfair to Noah. It's my fault he's even having doubts about it all. If it wasn't for me and my stubbornness, none of this would've happened. Noah literally won't talk to me anymore after our last little fight, which I completely understand.

I just can't help but believe him. If we keep going like this, there may not even be a relationship to save. 

*****

"Smile." Jade says, putting her head on my shoulder as we sit with towels on the sand.

I give her the biggest and fakest smile I can, causing all three of us to burst out laughing. The sun is out and there's this perfect breeze flowing through. It's the perfect beach day. Noah and I have come here countless times this summer, but not since out fight. It wasn't even a bad fight, so I can't figure out why we won't talk to each other. And it's not like I haven't even tried to talk to him, I have. But something keeps holding me back from going to see him and I don't know what it is.

"I think we should break up." I blurt, surprising Jade and myself.

"What? You mean with Noah?" Jade asks, pulling away and looking at me shocked.

"I- I guess. I mean it's so unfair to make him choose between me and his dreams. He seems to be doing just fine without me, and he's right. We would eventually break up if we did long distance." I spill, putting my face in my hands and sighing.

"No you wouldn't. I know you two and you have, like, the strongest relationship I've seen. I'm sure long distance wouldn't be that bad." Jade tells me, rubbing back, trying to comfort me.

"That's what I said! But he was so adamant that I was wrong and that..I don't even know anymore. I'm just scared that he doesn't love me anymore." I say, whispering the last sentence. 

"I mean, if you feel like it's the right thing, then do it. But if you really love each other, you can find a way to make it work. But trust me, he loves you." Jade says, hugging me.

I nod my head and let the tears fall. God, I keep crying. It's probably getting annoying for Jade and Luke. I'm just thankful they're here for me. If it wasn't for them I don't even know where I'd be. They're my best friends and I can't wait to start college with them, but not having Noah is going to kill me, even if it's the right thing. It's not fair to him to continue with this, so I guess I have to do it, for his sake.

I have to talk to Noah.

a/n -

we took a CHONCE.

<3 lilia