1. News

*All Rights Reserved to the original artist of the image above.*

Copyright © 2020 by I.G.

All Rights Reserved. I the Creator/Author and copyright holder of this novel retain all rights provided by copyright law. This novel may not be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means including photocopying, recording, scanning or any other form of electronic or mechanical methods without permission from, myself, the author.

________

Status

In the process of being written.

_______

The series of commercials finally ends in and the daily talk show 'The In Thing' resumes. The blue and green logo fills the screen then peels away to the set. At the center on a raised platform is a pair of modern light grey armchairs angled toward a small round table that sits between them. There's a simple mug bearing the show's logo. The hostess, Elena Bells walks out from behind the stage and her audience erupts in applause. She's dressed in a cobalt blue cocktail dress with black pumps. Her dark brown shoulder-length hair is curled around her face. She has a seat and after a greeting and a sip from her mug, she jumps right into her content."Now you all know of rising start Kouper Hurst right?" 

Her dark brown eyes come alight. An image of the young artist appears on the screen behind her. He appears to be out in downtown L.A. dressed up but down at the same time; he has on a pair suede loafers with grey trousers, a simple short-sleeved black t-shirt, and a black wide-brimmed fedora.

"Don't get too excited, he's not here with us today buuuuuut," she says as the audience begins 'awwing' with displeased looks on their faces.

"I would love to have him on the show so Kouper, if you have some time on your hands in the near future I would love to have you!" The bubbly brunette has a sip from her iconic teal mug then sets it down and settles into her seat once more. She leans forward and raises her eyebrows.

"What I'm really here to share with you about Kouper is that his single 'More to Me' off of his second album 'Things I Should Have Said' has gotten him nominated for a Grammy--for the fifth time in a row following his past 4 hits. If he does win, this will be his fifth win in such a short career." The audience cheers.

"Also up for a few of the same Grammys is a tried and true favorite, we've had her on the show a couple of times and she just dropped a single." The audience shouts out the name of the artist after artist but no one can be sure who's name is coming up the most. The muddled chatter is broken by the appearance of seasoned artist Ms. Lyla Nadin. The last picture remains on the screen. The natural- haired beauty is seated at a grand piano on stage singing into a mic.

"Right!" She nods and takes another sip from her mug.

"Her single 'Take It All Back' has only been out for a few days but it's already climbing the chart AND, she's only had one live performance of it! Can you believe that?" The screens behind her suddenly come to life with Lyla's recent performance. She's on stage poised at a piano giving her all onto the keys and into the mic but. There's this unbridled professionalism and grace to her as she lets the music take over.

"Sources say she's working on the song's music video," Elena leans in and winks at the audience.

Lyla is in her element, everyone knows it and as the crowd takes up the screen everyone in the studio audience can see that they enjoyed it. Next Kouper's latest performance fills the screen with the artist himself dancing around the stage as the crowd bops to the music below him. He turns the mic toward them and everyone shouts out the next set of lyrics. He walks down off the stage in behind the barrier and reaches out to touch the hands of his nearest fans before he returns to the stage to sing the last lyric.