♣️Chapter One♣️

“Why now?” Jacob asked staring into her eyes, searching for the truth and she stared back at him with boldness.

“Because I felt it was the right thing to do, or would you have wanted me to say it earlier”

“Well yes, earlier would have being better, not now, not when he is about to be crowned”

She looked away with feeling guilty.

“I, I didn’t mean to cause harm, I just couldn’t watch this happen, we both know what can happen to the kingdom if the wrong person wears the crown”

Jacob growled in frustration, his hand on his head, he wondered how he was going to break the news to the kingdom and most especially his wife and son.

“I’m sorry I really didn’t want any of this to happen” she broke down and started sobbing. Jacob signed and bent down lifting up her head to look at his.

“It’s not your fault, I should have being more careful, and am sorry, sorry for leaving you alone all these years, if I had known”

“Even if you had known, it wouldn’t have made a difference”

“No Miranda”

“But it’s true, I was just a fling a mistake, you wouldn’t have left her for me, even if you had the chance”

Jacob looked away, it was the truth. He signed.

“You weren’t a fling, you were never”

“But I was a mistake, you can’t deny that” she said looking into his eyes like she was waiting to be proved wrong but it was clear, crystal clear.

She sniffed and wiped the tears threating to spill.

“It’s alright” she said as she stood up and taking a few feet away from him.

“I think I should go and talk to Celestine” he said as he stood up

“Ok” she looked out the window

“Good night” he said walking out the door

“Good night” she whispered as she shut the door and fell to ground and squeezed her eyes shut

“Why does it hurt so much, why”

**
“Hey, where have you been?” Celestine asked as Jacob entered

“Just went see an old friend across town” he said taking off his jacket

“Hmm, I tried mind linking you but you blocked me”  she raised a brow

“Sorry I was just really busy, we were discussing something really important”

She batted her lashes as she moved close to him.

“More important than me”

His eyes glinted indicating his wolf was taking over

“Nothing is more important than you”

“Then prove it”

“I sure will”

He was about to kiss her but was interrupted by a loud growl

“Seriously can’t you guys do that somewhere else”

“Well sorry Jealous chipmunk” Celestine mocked

He rolled his eyes

"Anyways, what are we having for dinner?"

Celestine raised a brow, while Jacob chuckled at her expression.

“What?” James asked

“Nothing, I just wonder when you are going to find your mate and stop bugging me” she said and shrugged.

His jaw clenched, Jacob let out a cough

“Can we talk upstairs Celestine”

“Why, what did I say”

“Celestine”

“What, you know what, why do we always have to ignore this conversation, my son is about to be crowned King Alpha in a week and he doesn’t have his queen, and you know he can’t be crowned without a queen”

“His is going to find her I know, we just need  patience”

“I’m  going for a run” James said in a low voice

“Maybe you should, hopefully you will find your mate on the way”

“Bye” James grunted and walked out the door 

“Celestine”

“What Jacob what, did I do something wrong or did I say something wrong”
Jacob signed

“Nothing, you did nothing wrong”

She folded her hands and faced him

“You wanted to tell me something, what?”

Jacob swallowed,

“I, I, it’s nothing, just that you should take it easy on him, it isn’t easy for him”

He couldn’t, he just couldn’t say it, and he knew that he should have.
Celestine sighed sadly

“I don’t want to put pressure on him, but it’s really important for him to find his mate, that’s the only thing stopping him from being crowned”
His expression dulled

“Enough with sad thoughts, I better go and start making dinner”

“Yeah, I will be in the study”