Introduction

It was the day the father and son moved out from their tiny 1 room rented apartment in Gwacheon to a cozy 2 room leased apartment located at Mapo-gu. Harin had just turned 18 when they moved, having to depart from his friends he made during his freshman year of high school. Harin's father was a regular clerk at an office located at Mapo-gu. Because of his hardwork and dedication to the company, his boss gave him a huge promotion and was able to work as a general manager. His boss found out that he has been suffering financially, so he reluctantly gave him his old apartment which was located 15 minutes away from the company. It was a whole lot to comprehend, but he knew that he was showered with such blessings in order for him to work harder for the betterment of the company.

The 1 hour drive from Gwacheon put Harin to sleep since he was up late pondering about his new start at Mapo-gu. Will I be able to do well there? Will things be different? Will I live a better life? Those thoughts kept clouding his mind, until he was unable to catch a good night's rest.

When the two arrived at their new apartment, they were greeted by his father's boss with open arms. He was about 170cm tall, quite average for a 40 year old who lived his whole life in Seoul. He wore a lavish suit, something that Harin thought would cost a fortune. He even had a branded watch that Harin had been saving up for ever since he saw the advertisement on television. I'm jealous.

"Oh right. I didn't introduce him to you properly. This is my son. Lee Harin."

Harin bowed at his father's boss and they both shook hands.

"I guess the good-looks run through the bloodline," his father's boss complimented.

"Ah... You're too kind, boss. Anyways, thank you so much for everything. How can I ever repay you?"

"Don't need to worry about that. As long as you put in your 110% into the company, I'm already happy. Let's go move in your stuff shall we?"

- - -

"Minseo! Could you help me grab the box of moisturisers inside the store room? Thanks!" Jooha called. 

"Ok! Do you need anything else?"

"Oh! Can you help restock Brand W Shampoo? Thanks!"

Minseo decided to take up a part-time job as a retail assistant at a local pharmacy near her school. Rather than just lazing around at home, she knew that working will allow her to earn some extra pocket money and learn new skills that will help her built her ongoing application forms for university application. She always tell herself that education is nothing without the proper skills if one wants to excel in life. 

After grabbing two huge boxes of products needed to be restocked, she neatly organised them and scanned around the pharmacy, making sure that all of the products are restocked. Afterwards, she grabbed a broom and dustpan, sweeping the floor for the final touches before opening the store. Another day, another set of challenges.

-

Author's note:

Please forgive me for any grammatical or expression mistakes made. Do let me know in the comments in what ways I can improve my story. It's been almost 4 years since I left wattpad haha. Now trying to write more non-cliche kinds of story, yeah?