Too Soon

"My love, I say this for you."

Jennie said in her bedroom's window sill and softly spoke as she watched snowflakes fall slowly from the sky.

"Chaeyoung Chaeyoung Chaeyoung," she sighed. "Too soon."

The diamond ring in her hand sat idle as she set her eyes upon it, trying to find the right words to say.

"We miss you. Every day we wish to see you just one more time. I somehow still wake up with my hand on your spot on the bed as if you were still here. Sometimes it feels like you are. Do you remember when I used to get nervous and you would trace the lines on my hand to calm me down? Sometimes it's like I can still feel you doing it even though you're not there. I can feel your warmth surrounding me even though..."

A snowflake fell on the window. Unlike the others...it stuck.

"Somedays I wonder what would have happened  if the accident never happened. I wonder what would have happened if we had left the house just one minute earlier..."

"Are you talking to mom again?"

"I am, Heejoon," she said to her 16 year old son.

Grabbing her hand, he sat opposite her.

"I miss her."

"I miss your mother too. If only I-"

"Mom, it wasn't your fault. You did everyone right. The drunk man that hit you...it was his fault."

"I remember what she said to me right before the ambulance came," she said, with tears now slowly falling down her cheeks. "She was trapped. She had a deep wound to her stomach. Even through the pain she managed to tell me..."

Flashback

The car was totalled. Glass and metal covered the street from both cars.

Police and ambulance sirens were blaring closer to the scene.

"Everything is going to be okay!"

Jennie sat still in the driver's seat as she held her wife's hand.

"No, I-It's not Jennie. Tell Heejoon that I love him."

"Don't say that to me, Chaeyoung. I won't lose you!"

"Listen, Jennie. I will forever and have always loved you. You are my universe. I'll always be with you no matter where I am. Whether it be that I'm here physically or in that head of yours. I love you..."

"Chaeyoung!"

End Flashback

"She will always be with us, mom. Even if we can't see her."

"You're right, sweetheart. She is."

'No matter whether they're here physically or not, we still have the people we once held or do hold dear in our hearts and in our memories.'