Deliquents Living In My House!!

Copyright © 2010 Denise Geyua

All rights reserved.

~This is dedicated to my besties, Brit and Cole. You guys are so frigging awesome....it's classic...lol...<3~

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

1

I gripped the pole to steady my balance. Today for some reason the brown line was not smooth. I wasn't saying it was smooth but since I took it almost every day I knew every turn and every bump.

"Irving Park will be the next stop. Doors will open on the left. Please do not lean against the doors. Thank you for taking the CTA," the computerized voice said, barely heard above Jordan's beautiful voice playing in my ears.

I stared out the window, not really seeing what was outside the sliding doors since it was nighttime and the lights forced me to see more of my reflection than outside.

A slender girl with mink-colored straight-as-a-ruler hair and dull amber eyes who was wearing an Aeropostale sweatshirt and black ripped jeans and carrying a duffel bag looked back. A pair of earphones were stuck in my ears and the cord was dangling all the way down until it reached my iPod which was tucked in my pocket.

The car that belonged to the train I was in came to a stop and after about seven seconds the doors in front of me slid open. I slipped out of the car and into the darkness with only music and my bag that kept bumping into my thigh to accompany me.

While I skipped down the stairs I dug in my bag for my cellphone. I flipped it open and saw two missed calls from my dad and five text messages. I sighed and threw the phone back into my bag.

When I stepped onto the sidewalk, my converse crunched against the dead leaves that laid on the ground. The streetlights were on and they all cast an eerie glow across the enclosed space they recieved.

Sometimes I got annoyed about the fact that I lived in a neighborhood where all the condos and houses allowed pets because most of them were dogs and the poop was quite awful. But tonight I couldn't be more happier to see dogs and their owners. At least I wasn't alone.

I nodded in greeting to all the dog walkers I passed. Once I turned onto my home's cobblestoned path, I plucked my earphones from my ears and stuffed them in my bag, not bothering to pause the music.

I lived in a three-story condominium. My father was known for taking in foster kids so when he looked at the place, instead of buying just one floor he bought all three. Currently we had no foster kids.

I didn't have time to fish my keys out of my bag-yes everything is in my bag except my iPod, when my father opened the door, his wintry blue eyes maddened with rage.

"Where have you been?" he demanded as he moved to the side to let me in. I wanted to bring up, being mad and demanding was not his thing but this time he seemed pissed.

I sighed loudly with exasperation. "At Chase Park. I had to volunteer, remember?"

My dad followed me to the kitchen and stood in the doorway, his arms crossed. "And you couldn't return my calls or texts?"

I pulled a Glaceaü water bottle from the fridge and turned to face my dad. "Geez, dad! You sound like one of my ex-boyfriends. It's not like I didn't tell you."

His features softened and his eyes became glassy. "I'm sorry. I just don't want to.....lose you l-"

I raced up to him before he could finish I'm fear of him breaking down. I crushed him in a bear hug. "It's okay dad. I'm sorry for worrying you. It won't happen again."

"Do you promise?"

I rolled my eyes and pulled back. "Yes dad. Did you eat?"

He walked past me and to the snack counter where chopped onions and tomatoes laid. How'd I miss that, I wondered. "I'm actually making pasta."

"Really?" I asked.

He chuckled and nodded. "Yup and you're going to help."

I raised my eyebrows. If it was any other day I would've helped but today I felt....lazy.

"I have homework."

It was his turn to raise his eyebrows. "What? I do," I protested.

"Tomorrow is Saturday," He said in a matter-of-fact way. I laughed.

"Okay, let me go drop my bag off in my room and change." I turned and raced up the stairs. Now since the landowner didn't think my dad would go as far to buy the whole place, we had three kitchens but we got rid of the one on the third floor.

We had basically nine bedrooms, six and a half bathrooms, three with jacuzzis and a basement with an arcade and laundromat. It was enough to make all foster kids want to live here and plus I was a great sister.

Once I made it to my room I dropped my bag on my four-postered bed and stripped of my clothing, not even aware of the fact my door was still open. It didn't occur to me that my dad might have "guests" over. Good thing I didn't strip fully when I heard a low whistle.

I faced my doorway to see two teenage guys standing in my doorway with satisfied smirks on their faces. My eyes widened with horror and I threw my head back and screamed.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Sorry if that was short. I typed three different beginnings for this story and I wasn't feeling them but I totally liked this. Sorry if this was short......anyways if you liked this, please comment-I love feedback and vote-I love votes and fan-I guess. Thanks

<3