THIRTY FOUR

jade thirlwall is a queen, you can't change my mind. 
Told You So - Little Mix
Y/N POV

"Oh, Y/n, come here." Jade says from her kitchen as I step into her house. I run up to her and she wraps her arms around me. Even though I'm slightly taller than her, she gives the best hugs.

"It's okay, you're gonna be okay." Jade says, rubbing my back. I nod, the tears raining down.

"My parents are on business trips and my sisters are at friends houses, so why don't you stay over and we can watch some movies." She asks, a sympathetic look in her eyes.

"That's be nice. Thank you." I reply.

"Of course. Tea?" Jade asks, smiling.

I smile and laugh a little, nodding my head. As she begins to make tea, I walk out to her living room and go up to her TV and flip through all the DVDs. A bunch of the movies are romcoms and that's the last thing I want to watch right now. I find Knotting Hill and smile, remembering the time Noah and I watched it before we stared to date. My smile fades and is replaced with a blank stare, trying to find a movie. 

"Let's watch To All The Boys I've Loved Before." I yell to Jade and get up to put it on.

LATER

I can't. stop. crying. For some reason I was stupid enough to want to watch a movie that's about a couple that started out as fake and then turns real. Of course I did. The entire movie all I could think about was Noah. I mean Noah and I were basically exactly like them except we got together sooner. But our relationship ended badly, unlike Laura Jean and Peter. 

"Listen to me, Y/n." Jade says, turning towards me. I turn to her and wait for her to talk, but she pauses and stares at me.

"You don't need him. I know you think you're doing the best for him and everything, which you are, but he didn't realize that he could've gotten both if he had just tried. And because of that Noah doesn't deserve you. For the rest of this summer you and I are going to have the time of our lives before starting college, where we'll have even more fun. Give it time, Y/n/n, you'll realize that he's not going to love you like I do and he's not gonna find another girl like you. You are going to find someone who will treat you with unconditional love and you're going to be glad you didn't stay with Noah. You're going to be okay." Jade tells me, holding my hands.

More tears spill over, but not for Noah. They're for Jade and how thankful I am I have a best friend that cares so much and will tell me everything I need to hear, whether it's good or bad. 

"Thank you." I say, laughing at how much I'm crying. Jade chuckles and pulls me into a hug. 

I'm so happy to have her.

a/n - 

♥♡♥

<3 lilia