The glass dosen't hurt as much

"Stand back!!" The strange boy threatened Dev with a broken glass bottle in his grasp.

Dev somehow threatened the drunk stranger.
The strange man brought a beer bottle with him as his friends and himself came closer causing them 2 go backwards, outside, into the ally.

"How dare u threaten me!!" The man yelled; breaking the bottle then pointing it towards Dev.

Tate couldn't take it anymore so he stepped towards the drunk stranger.
He grabbed the sharp ends, of the glass, then stared into the man's eyes.

Tate couldn't feel pain as he tightened his told on the sharp object.
He stared at the man almost cynically. Crazily.

The man was frightened of Tate so he ran. His friends following behind.

All Tate could think about, as his blood 🩸 kept dropping onto the pavement, was how much the sharp glass didn't hurt as much as those times where his mind was all about Dev.
Those times where he was so desperate 2 get ride of the pain inside.

Everyday he would find some new way 2 help his pained heart.

Some days he would choke himself until he passed out.
Other days he would fill his bathtub up 2 it's brim then... he would drown himself.

Pause

when it got 2 it's worse, he stabbed himself in the chest causing himself 2 go 2 the emergency room.

The doctors told him that he was lucky 2 survive but......

he strongly disagreed.

All he wanted was for the pain he felt inside 2 disappear.

That day when he was laying on the ground, dying, he could recall all of Dev's brilliant smiles.
All of his mistakes. All of his happy moments.

When he would fail a test.
When he would so carefully brush his hair away from his face.

When he would bob his head 2 a unknown song.

When he would walk into the room and high five our classmates.

When he would lazily get up in the mornings 2 open the door for whoever he wanted.

When he would cry because of his family.

When he was simply their, Alive.

All of his faults and all of his successes made him who he is. Made him beautiful.

This pain that he felt now was nothing like the pain he felt, that one night he almost died.
All of those memories that made up his love for Dev, flooded his mind as his blood 🩸slowly stained the floor.

"Are u ok??" Dev freaked out as he ran towards Tate.
Tate smiled at Dev. But, it wasn't simply a smile. It was a smile that obviously held pain. A smile that didn't know anything else but pain.

"I'm fine" he put his arm 2 his side as he continued 2 smile at Dev.

He walked away from a stunned Dev.

In that moment, All he could think about was the thought of loosing Dev.
He walked home crying.

That night he stabbed himself again only 2 wake up inside a hospital bed.