Dance With Me

You know those moments where you're so mesmerised by something that you just momentarily freeze and everything feels like it's happening in slow motion? That was exactly the kind of situation I was in when I saw that girl on the dance floor, as she moved her body in perfect coordination to the beat of the song playing in the bar. Her hypnotising hair-flips managed to make my breath hitch and her perfectly toned body acted like some sort of magnet to my eyes. Her tight black dress really complimented her toned figure and she seemed to be in bliss as she danced with her eyes closed, shutting out the entire world.

And all I could do was stare and stare. Like the rest of the bar.

I couldn't help but notice that she seemed really familiar.

"REY", Natasha yelled at me for the umpteenth time before I snapped out of my trance.
"You're staring", she giggled and called me out in front of the rest of our group.
"Pffft no", I said rolling my eyes, acknowledging how fake I sounded at that moment. But right after that my eyes drifted back to that girl in the middle of the dance floor who was simply dancing, without a single care in the world.

"Sure.", Carmen taunted. "Why don't you grow a pair of lady-balls and go buy her a drink or something?"

I turned away from that captivating goddess to give Carmen a look that said I'm-so-NOT-gonna-do-that. I hate confrontation and they knew it quite well.

"Oh come on Reyyy", Selena said while sipping on her drink, "Don't be such a wimp."

"I'm not a wimp. Besides, she isn't even my type.", I said trying to brush it off while pretending to be nonchalant about the whole thing.

But my friends saw right through me because right after I said that there was an exchange of 'pffts' and 'riiiiighhhts' across the table. Oh come on who was I even kidding.

"Hey maybe if you're lucky enough, you know...." Danielle smirked at me and raised her eyebrows.
"Know what?", I rolled my eyes not really interested but also kind of curious.
"She might not be into riding dicks. She might be into vaginaaaaaa", she said whispering the last part while the others chuckled at her humour.

"And what if she's not? I'd be making a total fool out of myself then."

"Don't knock it till you've tried it. Now go." Natasha smiled and gave me an encouraging push while the rest of them flashed me their thumbs and grinned.

I gave them an uneasy glance and decided to go for it. And once again all I saw was her. As if on cue, the music stopped and she headed over to the bar to get a drink.

This is your chance Rey. Shoot your shot.

I walked up to the bar and stood next to her, keeping a comfortable distance, thinking of how to initiate the conversation. I could feel her gaze upon me and I swear electricity jolted through my body.

When I turned towards that beauty dressed in black, I noticed her eyes travelling up and down my body. Oh god, she seemed awfully familiar. I'd seen her somewhere before but I just couldn't recall where.

It was a matter of seconds before she realised I was looking at her, and she locked her eyes with mine, a tint of red creeping up to her cheeks as she tried to hide that gorgeous smile of hers. It got me into jitters.

Where had I seen that smile before?!

Suddenly, I felt bold. My mouth took total control and I just blurted out, "Like what you see?", while throwing a playful smirk at her.

Why'd you say that you dumbass?! You've probably creeped her out and now she'll just walk away and you'll never see her again.

"Reyana Diaz, you haven't changed a bit over the last thirteen years, have you?", she said while she beamed at me like I was some sort of trophy she had just won.