𝕎𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕠𝕣 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕔𝕙.

—➸—

"Vanya please! I'm begging you not to go!" Zaya cried to her love as she mounted the horse and whipped her grey hair over her shoulder

"Vanya please! I'm begging you not to go!" Zaya cried to her love as she mounted the horse and whipped her grey hair over her shoulder. The covens power was weak and every witches life was at risk from the dying light. The battle for Middle Earth was beginning and a union of men and elves took place to face the dark lord of the lands. Sauron.

"I order you to get down from this horse right now!" Zaya said, changing to an authoritative tone to convince Vanya to retreat from her mission. She only smiled before leaning down and kissing Zaya on this lips as a goodbye.
"You know me Zaya, I never listen to you." She rode off and Zaya attempted to stop her by closing the barrier but it was too late. Her power was failing in the overcoming darkness and all she could was fall to the floor and weep. The remaining witches of her coven crowded round, hugging her and each other as a way of comfort.

They began to sing a song that Zaya could not join in for, it spoke of hope and courage. Zaya had neither. The person she loved had ridden out to her death and it was to be in vain.

Vanya fought bravely, but coming face to face with the dark lord himself had caught her off guard. His mace was the size of her torso and she was extremely tall for a female, let alone a witch. Her eyes widened before she drew her sword but it was propelled away from her by a sweeping hit from the mace. She fell back from the pain in her hand and scrambled backwards to escape his clutches but Sauron had waited long to draw witch blood and he knew he would find it most pleasurable. The power he held in his hands was wrapped around one finger and that's all he needed. He raised the weapon over his head and bought it down where it collided with the bewitching warriors stomach and impaled her to the floor. He removed it and carried on with his assault, leaving her to bleed and ultimately die.

With the last moments of her power she had linked her kind with Zaya who had sat in her house, hands shaking and surrounded by the most influential witches of the coven.
'I love you Zaya, I do. But you must forget me... the time has come for me to join the stars... I will always... watch over you from the sky my love.' Zaya began to cry hysterically.
'This is my fault... it's all my fault.'

'Do not blame yourself my love, for you shall find what we had in another... one day. I promise you.' Zaya felt the calmness and truth in her voice and began to breathe a little slower as she felt the link dissipate and the life of her childhood sweetheart drain into sleep.

"Goodbye."

Zaya said out loud and all the witches shrieked in sorrow before coming to their leader and comforting her with embraces.

Present.

"She sacrificed herself to defeat the darkness while I hid away in fear. My powers were draining and I could barely cast a simple spell... but Vanya saw how with this defeat I would be well again. When I had the premonition of the battle I had slept for 5 days without stirring once. Without my magic, the darkness was... destroying me. She knew what had to be done, and she knew that she would die in the process."

"I am so sorry for your loss... but know that she fought bravely and I commend her for what she did. Zaya, I may not understand how you feel because... the woman I believed myself to love is still alive but... she loved another." Zaya smiled sadly.
"It has been thousands of years since I had remembered her in this way."
The witch looked up at the stars and in that moment, a sparkling planetoid surrounding Sirius twinkled ever so slightly. She smiled, knowing it was Vanya, watching over her and telling her she was always there.

"Tauriel may love another Legolas, but you will find your everlasting love in some one who reciprocates.
I promise you that." Legolas looked to the trees and thought of the times he and Tauriel had fought and walked amongst them.
"You should rest... I'll take a watch."

Zaya nodded before settling down and yawning which caused Legolas to laugh a little. Before she shut her eyes she wanted to gift the elf something.
"Legolas... you're bow is broken and you have no arrows." The elf nodded.
"Then I would ask for you to allow me to give you this gift, as a token for my companionship and trust between our company." She raised her hands to the heavens and a beaming light circumscribed her hands and with it came a weapon he had never seen the like of before. A silver bow and quiver filled with white wooded arrows and blue feathers. He had never seen a weapon like it.

"This is the bow of Rigel and the arrows of Sidra, long have my ancestors worshipped this bow for its trusty weight and shining qualities. Trust in it, and you will never miss." The elven Prince, who had been handling bows his whole life, took the weapon in his hands and bowed his head in gratitude.
"I cannot thank you enough." The bow was weighted perfectly and the drawback made no bending of the wood nor thinning of the string. He caressed it with appreciation for the design and couldn't believe he had come to be gifted such a thing.

"It will serve you well." She said before turning over to sleep with a slight smile on her face.

Awaiting what the day approaching would bring.