Take my breath away.

At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you wake up and realize the only thing that matters is those you love. Then the answer is easy, go after what you love with everything you have. See once in a while, people will surpise you and every now and then people may even take your breath away.

"No No! Pull over!!" Aaliyah pulled the gun out and pointed it at Lawrence. "Let me go!"  Aaliyah screamed at him ready to pull the trigger if it came to it. Lawrence threw up his hands "Whoa, kid calm down! What is wrong with you?" Aaliyah moved to the door as she got ready to open it. "I saw my person, I have to see him. If there is any trouble I'll be back. Just be ready to get us out of here when I do return." Lawrence shook his head. "Think that thing out there is your friend or something? Those Cranks are way past the Gone. Can't you see that after being a Scorched kid?" He spit the words at her. "You friend is nothing but an animal now. Worse than an animal." Aaliyah said, "Then it will be a short goodbye, won't it." She jumped out of the van and raced ahead only to slow her pace once she saw him closer. Newt eyes were full of wildness. Madness that was destory his brian and filling him with hate. 

"N-newt." Aaliyah called out Newt's eyes darted around and settled on her. "It's me... Aaliyah! You still remember me right?" She asked walking towards him slowly scared to startle him. Suddenly a clarity filled Newt's eyes. "A-aliyah..." He whispered back. "Get away from me!" He screamed backing up as his expression changed to fear. "NO, Newt! It's okay now... I'm here..." She said softly but Newt began to pull at his hair and screamed at her. "I am a Crank! I'm a monster." Aaliyah shook her head. "You seem fine right now, Come with me? Please, Newt." 

Newt shook his head laughing hard. "Get out of here, Aaliyah. Get away from me." Aaliyah frowned but still walked closer. "Please Newt... I need you." Something about this snapped something inside of him. "There is nothing you can do! I am too far gone already! I can feel the air crushing down on me. I can't live this way! What kind of life would that be!?" 

"Newt life is short! and It sucks all of the time. You don't think it wasn't horrible for me? You left me. I had to hold myself together with tape and glue. I never had time to slow down and fix myself." She screamed back at him feeling her emotions barrel out of control. Newt shook his head as the tears began to roll down his face. "Please... Don't-"  Aaliyah cut him off by saying, "I can't lose you, I won't survive! I turned my life upside down for you but you got on that helicopter! You left! I will not let you leave me again!" 

Newt pulled at his hair again as he rocked back and forwarth as Aaliyah's words rattled around his skull. "Come on stop this just get in the van with me!" Aaliyah said and Newt screamed then rushed forward. Newt tackled her to the ground, knocking the breath out of her. Newt sat above her pinning her to the ground. "I could just rip your eyes out!" Newt yelled spraying Aaliyah with his spit. "Teach you just how far gone I really am. How did you think this would go? That we would get in the van and drive off to that stupid paradise you keep talking about! You know Kyler doesn't believe that crap as much as I do!" A tear rolled down Aaliyah's cheek at his words. "You are so brave from the scorched right? A scorched kid!!" He screamed with a tone of madness.

Aaliyah began to shake. "Prove it! Prove you can do the right thing. Put me out of my misery." Aaliyah shook her head as tears began to roll down her face by the dozens. "N-newt... You know I can't-" Newt yelled now. "Shut up! Just shut up! If you love me then do it!" Aaliyah let out a howling cry as she yelled. "I can't!!" How could her childhood best friend and her love ask her to do something so horrible. "Kill me or I'll kill you. Kill me now! Do it!!" He screamed and all Aaliyah could do was whisper his name. 

"Do it before I become one of them!" Newt said and took her hand that was holding the gun pushing it to his head. "KILL ME!!" and then Newt's eyes cleared as if he gained one last trembling gasp of sanity, and his voice soften. "Please, Aaliyah. Please." Aaliyah leaned forward pushing her lips hard against his as all past memeories of him washed over her. She leaned back breaking the kiss as she took in a sharp breath ready to pull the trigger. "Aaliyah." Newt cried out then laughed he leaned back no longer pinning her down as he rubbed his head. 

Aaliyah sat up the gun sitll in hand as she watched him confused. "I feel... I feel better." Newt said looking down at himself as if in shock. Then he looked up at her with relief. Aaliyah could see it too, he was much better and no longer looked like he was a crank. "Let's get out of here." She said taking his hand as she pulled him to his feet. "H-how did that happen?" Newt asked confused. Aaliyah shrugged pulling him along as they raced for the van. "I'm not sure but lets just get out of here." 

At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you wake up and realize the only thing that matters is those you love. Then the answer is easy, go after what you love with everything you have. See once in a while, people will surpise you and every now and then people may even take your breath away. It had been three years since I held a gun to Newt's head ready to pull the trigger before I gave him my last goodbye kiss. Only it wasn't a last goodbye... it was a fresh start. Love conquers all right? "Aaliyah?!" Newt called out to me. She smiled big seeing him holding the hand of their daughter as their son sat on his shoulders. "Paradise." Aaliyah whispered softly. 

Kyler looked up at her with a big smile as he picked up the fire wood they were gathering. "Let's go." Kyler said looking so grown up over such a short amount of years. Aaliyah ran her fingers through the boys hair. "Let's." She said and together they walked to the group. Aaliyah squeezed her hand in Newt's free hand. As they walked together as a big happy family.