prologue

*beep*

*beep*

*beeeeeep*

I stared into the distance as I watched him, with his messy dark blonde hair and perfect figure. He was pushing trolleys into place from the carpark and he looked perfect as usual, haaaah, work hadn't been the same for me since Oliver had arrived. I stared at him dreamily and imagined his voice and charismatic laugh...

"excuse me. Excuse me" I was suddenly jolted back into reality from my daydreams by the cranky looking customer on the other side of the desk. "You've finished scanning my items so how much do I owe you?" she snapped. I blinked, confused and quickly stuttered "o-one hundred and thirty-four dollars and forty cents please" she glared at me and reached into her bag for her card grumbling, "kids nowadays, absolutely useless....". She handed me her card, grabbed her groceries stalked off. I hung my head. Get your act together Ambar! I told myself. You're at work. Stop daydreaming. "don't worry" a kind voice cut into my thoughts and a looked up to see a pretty blonde woman smiling at me. "it happens to the best of us" she winked and placed her items on the desk. I smiled back, "thanks, that means a lot". I scanned her items, handed her her change and prepared to serve the next customer... and the next one and the next one....

When the clock struck one, I headed to the staff room for my lunch break. I made my way down the aisles and when I opened the staff room door I was greeted by a cheer from the rest of the workers on my shift which included my many crushes. There was Mitchell with his dark hair and sideburns who was really chatty and loved gossip, he'd been my first work crush. then there was Joseph who was sitting in the corner as usual on his phone with his moody demeanour. I had noticed him on my 5th shift when he had helped me lift some heavy boxes and then run off in a hurry. He was my second crush, with a very shy personality towards girls. My 3rd crush Seth was grinning and chatting with the female co-workers. He was a goofy gossipy guy who was full of smiles and easily approachable. He was the most popular guy at work to crush on and with his crooked smile and lopsided glasses it was easy to see why. Then there was Oliver, my 4th crush and the most recent employee at our supermarket. I'd noticed him on his first shift with me when I taught him some basic self checkout guidelines and how to stack the shelves. Since then, we had sent each other daily snapchats and would have brief conversations about day to day life. Finally, there was Leo who was my latest crush, well maybe not crush, but I had a soft spot for him. He was also a shy guy with cute red hair and a very friendly personality and a "cinnamon roll" demeanour. He was the cutest of my crushes at work and was the most sensitive to other people.

I know, I have a lot of crushes, it's always been a problem for me cause of how easily I fall for people but hey, it least it makes life more interesting and now you can join me on my story filled with "boy trouble".