Dear Scarlett

Dallas Winston never liked children; he’d chase em if he saw em around. He wasn’t the type you’d think would think to ever be a father. Then again one of the many things he did like, were girls. Yep, girls, girls, girls, flirtin’ with em, and taking them with him. That’s until a seventeen year old girl ran over to him and hugged him tight “Daddy! I finally found you.” She said. Now being thirty-two, Dallas got wide eyes “The hell are you talkin about? Get off of me!” he said and pushed the girl away. She gave a sad look at him “I’ve been searching forever for you…You are Dallas Winston, correct?” She asked. Dally couldn’t believe what he was hearing.  “Yes I’m Dallas Winston, who the hell’re you?” he huffed, confused and frustrated. He never had a kid! Hell, he wasn’t even married! “I’m Scarlett, your daughter…” she said rather quietly. “How’d you even know who I was?” He questioned her. She thought for a moment, her mother had told her many things about Dally, and she even had a few pictures of him in her room. “Momma talks about you quite a bit, and I even have a few pictures of you in my room.” She said and frowned “They were of when you was younger, but they looked so alike that I just-“ Scarlett was cut off by Dallas cursing under his breath “You just assumed that it was me, nice, you could’ve gotten hurt.” He snapped at her. Scarlett’s eyes lit up at hearing that he was worried about her, but hid the emotions, she instead pulled out a cigarette and lit it. “So, I have a blade in my pocket, I ain’t no idiot.” She said and rolled her eyes. Dally narrowed his eyes, he didn’t like kids, and he still didn’t! “Who’s your mother anyways?” he asked wanting to know who the dirty whore was that caused this problem. Scarlett took a long drag before looking at him and smirking “She happens to be Anna-“Anna? Who the f*ck was Anna? “I don’t know anyone named Anna.” He said, and thought, he had no idea who this girl was talking about. Maybe this ‘Scarlett’ girl was high on something.       

      “You met her when you were drunk” She said and then it all came to Dallas. His eyes were wide, he cursed under his breath as Scarlett blew smoke. She pulled the cigarette box out of her pocket and offered one to Dally; he ended up taking the whole box from her. Scarlett huffed “Gee thanks for stealin’ my whole box.” She mumbled. Dallas lit his cigarette before starting to walk away. “H-Hey! Dad…Where are you going?” Scarlett whined and followed him. “Don’t call me dad. I’m not your father.” He growled. Scarlett sighed “Momma said you’d say that.” Scarlett seemed to be hurting by the look in her eyes. Dally saw that when he looked at her “Aw come on, don’t even try to pull that sh*t on me” he growled. “…I’m sorry Dallas, it’s just…Mom left me here, if you don’t take me in, I’ll be an orphan.” She said quietly. Dallas remembered when he found that his parents didn’t care, the memories stung, never had he showed any emotion or even talked about it. He looked at Scarlett and huffed “Fine.” He replied.  Scarlett smirked; he was softer than her mother claimed. Anna had always told Scarlett how Dally was, how tuff he was. ‘His attitude was terrible’ Anna would say ‘He was a jerk’. Yep! That was her dad alright, but somehow this made Scarlett love her dad even more.      

     It was getting late, so of course Dallas was getting tired, and many things had changed since he was seventeen. He got a house, yep a house; he was able to get the money for it. He lead Scarlett back to the house and huffed “You’re going to have to sleep on the couch.” He said, Scarlett gave a pout “Fine.” She answered. Dallas huffed and went into his bedroom. Scarlett growled, what no blanket, not even a pillow? She just had to sleep on the couch? How rude! Scarlett however did end up falling asleep easily, she looked like an angel when she slept, and she looked like she was a behaved teenager. She looked totally opposite of who she was.      

  Dallas just stared up at the ceiling and huffed; on the inside he was happy that he had a daughter. He was very happy about it actually, at the same time he was scared. Of course he’d never admit that he was, but he just didn’t know if he could take care of a teenager who was so much like him. He was never taught much by his parents’ actions because his parents never cared about him. “The hell am I supposed to do?” he mumbled quietly. Then he did something no one would ever think Dallas Winston would do. He prayed to god to help him take care of Scarlett and find what’s best to do for her. After that he fell into a deep deep sleep, one that he didn’t even remember for he woke up what seemed like seconds later.