THIRTY SIX

i've been reading through all the old comments and y'all are funny
also i just rewrote the entire ending for this book and i love it sm
Y/N POV

When I think of Noah, I think of my future. I think of all the things we've done together, the fun and sweet memories, the make out sessions, the play fighting, the cuddling, the hugging, the little things, the gifts, everything about our relationship was perfect for so long. He was my first boyfriend and the first person I've ever fallen in love with. Everything about him is perfect, his personality, his eyes, all of it. 

But I left him, I said goodbye and I quit on us like he was going to do. I just did it before he could even try. Maybe deep down I knew it was coming and I did it to save myself from all of it. Or maybe we were just never meant to be. 

I keep thinking back to my birthday and what Mom said to me in that video. She told me not to be afraid to love and to live life to the fullest, to always try to be happy. But right now I'm so scared, and I don't know how to be happy. I just wish she was here so I could ask her. 

"Y/n?" Dad asks from my door.

"Yes?" I reply, wiping the tears off of my cheeks and sitting up.

"Oh, sorry to wake you, I'll go." He says, turning around.

"No, Dad, wait." I say, causing him to turn around and stare at me questionably.

"I, um, was wondering if you had any more videos of Mom?" I ask quietly, I know it's a touchy subject for him. 

"Yeah, there's lots. Would you like to see them?" Dad replies, nodding.

"Mhm, I would." I tell him. Dad nods and turns to walk out of my room and down the hallway. After a few minutes of waiting, he reappears with a small device in his hand.

"Plug this into your laptop and they'll all be there." Dad says, handing it to me.

"Okay, thanks." I say, hugging him. He kisses the top of my head and leaves, shutting my door behind him.

*****

"Are you ready to look?"  Mom asks, holding something small in her hands.

"You bet. What do you think is going to happen?" Dad replies, looking just as excited.

"I don't know, I just hope it's positive.." Mom trails off, worried suddenly.

"I'm sure it is." Dad says, kissing the top of her head.

The camera cuts out and a second later, my mom is sitting there, crying into Dads shoulder. He's smiling widely and I'm so confused at what's going on. Mom pulls back and kisses him, pulling away and staring lovingly at what's in her hand. Holy crap. It's a pregnancy test. 

"I'm pregnant." Mom says shocked.

"Yes you are. Loraine, I promise that no matter what I'll be here for you." Dad says, tearing up.

Tears fall from my own eyes as I watch my parents cry tears of joy over being pregnant with me. When Dad said he had videos of her, I didn't think it would be anything like this. It's like my sadness was cured from hearing Moms voice and seeing her smiling face. I wish she was here right now so I could hug her and cry without a care, telling her how heartbroken I am over Noah. At least seeing her made me feel better about our breakup.

 It feels like I've lost two of the most important people in my life.

a/n -

☀︎

<3 lilia