angelic and blonde

Ellie isn't surprised when the DJ of Destruction reaches out to hold the sides of her face, fingertips resting gently at her temples...Well, maybe she is a little...

He doesn't say anything until she brings her own hands up to hold his wrists, tentatively avoiding the mixgear. "DJ X?"

"I've been trying to figure it out for a while now...Why were you so...intriguing...to me?" His voice isn't loud and grating as he is when he's launching explosions so carelessly. His voice is low and brittle like gravel. She tilts her head, though she tries to stay still while he is pouring himself, his true self out to her. "Why were you so worth protecting if I knew you were perfectly capable of protecting yourself?"

She lets go of his wrists to instead sneak her arms under his and pull him closer. Tears start streaming down his eye, his human eye. "You remind me of her..." He says holding her close but not tight, trying to be careful with her wings. Xavier jerks every so often as he cries, almost silently. It makes her wonder if crying quietly was something he learned to do.

"Our summoner will find her soon...I'm sure of it." Xavier exhales, likely calming down. "I know you miss her..." 

Ellie waits for the DJ to stop crying to let him go. He smoothes out his hair, so that it's over his eye again. You could hardly tell he was crying. The only thing he's missing is his toothy grin that she often thought to be permanent.

"You'll be fine, right? Happy?" She asks, looking up at him. He flashes a grin, his grin, and reassures her with a thumbs up.

a/n: this oneshot is nicknamed "julien is upset about not having christmas eve"