Nightmare

"N'doul!" I screamed as my lover fell against the burning sand in a pitiful heap. He was coughing and spitting out splatters of blood but the sun was unforgiving and it dried against his skin in seconds. Above him stood a tall man completley clad in black with an even taller stand by his side. I tried to summon my own stand but it didn't respond. I tried to run towards N'doul but my legs weren't listening. It was like all the water in my body had been sucked out, leaving me as a dry empty husk that could only watch as their lover was beaten bloody. It was too much, too much to handle, too much to process. The sun was oppressing and beat against my back like a schoolyard bully and the metallic taste that filled my mouth couldn't be mistaken for anything but blood. I tried to fling my body towards N'doul, tried to fight my way against the invisible constraints that held me but it was no use and before I knew it Geb shot through my lovers brain. I screamed and screamed and screamed until my vision turned to static. I couldn't move, couldn't breathe, couldn't-

"Wake up!" The command vibrated down my spine and I instantly sat up only to be met with pale blank eyes, "N'doul?" I choked out.
"Yes. Are you alright? You were crying in your sleep."
I stared at him for a second and struggled to calm my panic as I took in our surroundings. We were back home and in bed. I reached out for N'doul and pushed his sweeping hair from off his face, I was trying to find the wound he had inflicted upon himself but thankfully there was nothing. Gently, he grabbed hold of my hand and moved it away from his head and onto his chest, "Match your breathing to mine."
I paused and looked up into his eyes. I hadn't even realized how ragged and broken my breathe was. I pushed both hands against his sturdy chest and fought through trembling breaths until I could take in air evenly enough to ask the question that had been biting at me, "When are you leaving on your trip for DIO?"
"In a few hours darling, now tell me what's wrong."
"I had a nightmare," I told him well wrapping his arms around my body, "Actually I think it was more of a prenotion." I continued to explain my dream, leaving out the part where he committed suicide via GEB but when I looked up I was struck with a highly amused expression on his part. I could feel myself growing irritated and pulled away from him slightly, "Why are you smirking like that? This is serious."
He nodded and pulled me back into his lap, "You should have more confidence in my skills darling. This mission is what lord DIO wishes and I will complete it without fail." I grumbled under my breathe and turned away from N'doul. I wanted to curse out DIO, wanted to slap that pale bastard for stealing my lovers affections, and wanted to slap N'doul for his blind loyalty and lack of good sense but it wouldn't matter in the end. Every word N'doul said about DIO was practically a confession and there was nothing I could do to break that persuasion.
"I just don't want you to get hurt."
He smiled softly, "I'll return to you," and then he let out a light chuckle, "And since when has your stand allowed you visions of the future? It's likely paranoia seeping into your dreams."
I nodded and hugged him once again. Of course it was just a dream, my stand was never clairvoyant before so why would it be now. We curled back into bed but before sleep could consume me I asked for one more reassurance, "Promise that you'll return to me once you kill the Joestars."
He didn't answer right away, maybe he never did but either way I was asleep before I could hear his answer or lack thereof.