↬ "Silhouette" + "Heinous"

They were meant to be allies- how could they have done this? She wept at the loss of her dragon, cried her tears onto its wounds in the hopes they would somehow will him back to her. She'd no time to mourn him, the rest of the forest should suffer in his absence. She bid her friend goodbye with a mournful wail, the kind to bend trees with sadness and that those who have ever truly loved are capable of feeling. She saw black- the color stolen from her world in an instant, and within moments she found herself at the castle doorsteps.

The servants offered her confused looks, those who approached meeting unfortunate ends in her fit of rage. One by one they were consumed, snuffed out in an instant without a passing thought- another body, another tear shed for her friend's memory. They fled, armored knights flanking at either side until they too were reduced to ashes. They flocked to the king and queen, warning them too late of their uninvited guest. Surprise masked their fear as she approached, forcing the doors closed behind her with a flick of the wrist.

They begged and they pleaded, trying to reason with her blind wrath- they groveled on their knees, begging not for their own sakes but for that of their young princess, still too young to know the evils of the world. A small ray of gold dispelled the blackness of her heart as the little girl tugged at her dress and offered her a flower. She tucked the flower behind the princess's ear, seeing her friend and the king's old kindness in the furrow of the child's brow, laid in sapphires.

With grief laden in her voice, the enchantress's magic began to work;"= small hands became clumsy claws, leather wings sprouting from her dress as her teeth became fangs and porcelain skin broke out in scales.

"I'm sorry, little one. Perhaps one day you'll learn to forgive this fool old heart, having you pay a crime your kind did unto me when you've committed none save exist. You are too kind for this world, and my parting gift to you shall be claws and fangs with which to defend yourself and others like you from cruelty."