Prologue

Shayad maine kabhi socha bhi nahi tha...ki zindagi mere saamne usse laa degi...                          jiss se meri naazere nahi haategi...

                                           ****************************************

Aditya's Pov

The moving sound and slight now and then turbulence in the train disturbed my sleep. I sprang from my seat and stood by the train door, gazing outside. As the train was moving fast, I felt the small rain droplets hitting my face, gently. I closed my eyes for a moment and inhaled the fresh cool air, and exhaled releasing my inner anxious thoughts.

After 5 years I was heading back to my home town but not to spend my time with my family but to catch a mastermind criminal, who's hiding there and planning something big—something dangerous!
My family didn't even know, that I was coming up until I called them a few hrs ago.
My Dad was surprised to hear that and my uncle was a little confused.

"Hello, Dad? I am at the station. umm- where are you?" I asked on the phone and scanning around me.

"Behind you, son!"

"Namaste Dad! How are you?!" I touched his feet and he pulled me in a warm hug.

"I am good! And after seeing you even better!"

"Thanks, dad. Where's Verma-uncle?" I asked.

"Oh, he's at the work—in the Royal Haveli." He said while leading me to the car.

"Oh, Are you still working there too?"

"Yes, son. By the way, there's a position for a bodyguard. If you want...I can—

"No, dad! I am happy with my job!" I interrupted him.

"I will wait, until you change your mind, then?"

"Not happening!" I firmly said.

"Adi, please I want you to stay with me, I am getting old day by day and I want you to settle down. It's ok if you don't want to work at the palace but—at least get married. I want to see my grandchildren!"

'And here he goes...' I plugged my earphones and pretended to be asleep when he continued to lecture me about marriage.

'Marriage? No way! For god sake, I am only 26!'

During evening time I arranged my work stuff, pinning different evidence and trying to analyze strategies to figure out where, when, and what this so-called 'Mastermind' is planning and who's his new target?
'Mastermind' because no one knows his real name, and doesn't know how he looks. In just a few months he has committed several crimes and still police are in search for him.
Last month after solving a high profile theft case, I was assigned this case.

"Hello, Raghav?" I called my assistant.

"Sir, I have an update regarding the case, please check your email—I have sent you a clip!" He said.

I hurriedly opened the laptop and checked mail immediately. And what I saw was unbelievable!
The new target of Mastermind is none other the King Jai Singh. The same person whom my dad works for.