Final Goodbye

The day was clear and warm like the world was comforting and saying goodbye to the angel at the same time. A field of green reminded the fallen of the hunters eyes. The same eyes that drawn the angel in, the same ones that opened his own.

Castiel smiles fondly as he walked across the empty grass field, except the occasional small animal scurrying away due to his presence. It was an unspoken wish he knew Dean always wanted, and that wish was granted to the older Winchester brother. Dean was at peace and the thought made the Angel smile even brighter. As Castiel kneels down, he closed his eyes as the gentle, warm spring breeze blew through his locks giving an impression someone was ruffling his hair.

"Hello Dean..." Castiel said in a soft gruff tone, although there was no verbal reply, he could feel that Dean greeted him as well. A single tear slid down his cheek as he looks at the sky, the tear wasn't from sadness but from happiness. The angel finally let himself be happy. After all what Team Free Will has been through, he finally was at peace and happy.

Castiel placed a strang mix of bouquet of flowers that consist of; Red Carnations, red tulips, lilies and a single red rose. It was strange but significant to Castiel, he made sure every flower meant something. He then placed a bottle of Dean's favourite whiskey next to the flowers. He pulls out a cloth and cleans the gravestone from dirt and he plants a small kiss on Dean's name. They buried his ashes it felt right to Castiel and Sam. The engraving  of his grave read:

'Dean Winchester

Beloved Brother, Son, and Bestfriend

Finally you can Rest In Peace, knowing the world will be stronger than ever.

You will always be remembered, by family and hunters alike.

24/01/1979 - 05/01/2021'

Castiel remembered holding Dean, as he was dying refusing to be healed, they won somehow, they saved the world. Although at the same time the world lost one it's saviours. He remembered Dean holding Castiel's hand and smiling despite the bleeding wound on his side.

"It is okay Cas... I think it is time, we saved the world again, but this time was the last time for team free will.... thank you for being there Cas... through everything.... tell Sam that I am happy... cause for the first time... in a long time... I am happy... I know my brother can do good without me... and same with you..." Dean said with a smile before he coughed more blood before Castiel could say anything to him Dean took his last breath, and fell limp in the angels arms.

Castiel never got to admit his feelings to Dean, and even if he was alive today Cas still wouldn't but that doesn't hurt the angel, he doesn't regret not telling Dean those three human words. Dean does happy knowing his family was safe, he has done his job and Cas left it at that.

"Sam has a little family now... a set of baby twins called Charlie Mary Winchester and Dean Robert Winchester... they are adorable... you would love them... and you would be proud of Sam, he is an amazing father and husband" he said not ashamed talking to himself cause it felt like Dean was with him listening, watching over his family still.

Castiel looks back the sky "Although I came here to say my final goodbye... I have to keep my word and honestly, this world is doing well enough that it doesn't need an angel walking among it...." he said and pulls out his blade "I love you Dean... and even if I am no longer here I will alway love you, for thousand years...." he said in a quiet tone, his wings wrapped around fallen hunters the tombstone.

The next thing he felt was nothing, like he simply fell asleep, forever, but this time he would not wake up from his enteral slumber. He has no regrets, no needs. Castiel knows he left people behind who will miss him but they are happy and will remember him like they do Dean. The Angel's vessel laid in front of the tombstone motionless leaving scorched wing marks across the stone and the grass surrounding it.

The world was quiet and warm. Everyone continued on with their day, as their guardian angel finally decided to sleep.