THIRTY SEVEN

don't forget about me - cloves
NOAH POV

I take a deep breath and turn my car off, adjusting the mirror and looking in it. You can do this Noah, just go in and apologize. What would I even do if she rejected me? In my head I just have this fantasy that I'm going to walk in and she'll run into my arms and everything would be okay again, but what if it's the complete opposite. What if she hates me? We haven't talked since it all happened and I'm just starting to realize that maybe she wasn't dumping me just because of college, maybe it was convenient and she was going to do it anyway.

This stuff is so scary.

Grabbing the flowers, I open my door and step onto the concrete of her driveway. My stomach is in knots and I'm so nervous. I got Y/n's favorite flowers, so hopefully that'll give me a little leverage to win her over. Hopefully

Y/N POV

"Noah, how nice to see you!" My dad exclaims, making my stomach drop.

Oh god.

"Come in, come in." Dad says, probably ushering him in.

"Is Y/n home?" I hear a familiar voice ask, making my heart race.

"Yes, she's in her room." Dad says and I can hear the smile in his voice.

Gee, thanks Dad for not only letting me ex boyfriend into our house, but telling him where I am. But, I have to remember how much he loves Noah, he's probably not even thinking. A small knock sounds at my door, causing me to jump a bit. I quickly run my hands through my hair and straighten out my shirt, throwing some clothes into my closet.

"Uh, come in." I say loud enough for Noah to hear me. My door slowly opens and my breath hitched as I see him standing there with my favorite flowers in his hand, looking hopeful. This is going to be very hard.

"Good morning, sunshine." Noah says, which makes me widen my eyes. He used his nickname for me. It makes my heart melt, hearing him say those words again, but I can't give in. 

"Afternoon." I correct, motioning for him to come inside my room.

"These are for you." Noah says, giving me the flowers.

"Thank you." I lightly smile, taking them.

"So, I wanted to talk to you to apologize." Noah says, looking directly into my eyes.

"Go on.." I reply, timidly. Whatever he's about to say, no matter what it is, I know where this is going.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I was stupid for thinking that we wouldn't be able to make it through college. I said mean and terrible things to you, things I didn't mean and never will. If you let me have another chance, I promise you I will be everything good I was before and better. I'll go to UCLA with you and we'll be together for our entire college career and it'll be amazing. I love you, Y/n. And I want to love you forever, so please, take me back." Noah says to me, desperately.

"I'm sorry, Noah, but no. No second chances." I tell him before I can say anything else, snapping my gaze away from him.

He looks at me like his entire world just shattered. It is causing me physical pain to see him like this, to see him hurting and to be the one that caused it. Noah's head hangs low and he nods knowingly. I can't let him do this to himself, so I can't let us be together. 

"Come here." I whisper to him.

He glances up at me confused, but I just pull him to me. I bury myself into his chest and his forehead rests on my shoulder. This. This is all I need. We stand like that, tears falling down my cheeks.

"I love you, Noah, but I can't be with you." I say to him, pulling away and holding his face.

Noah just stares at me blankly, looking like he has no emotions left as he quietly shakes his head.

"Baby you're going to be okay." I say to him, wiping the tears from under his eyes.

"No I'm not." He replies, looking away and breaking eye contact.

"Look at me. Don't let me be your breaking point. Please promise me that you won't sulk forever and that you'll find something that makes you happy?"

"Y/n-"

"Promise?"

"Promise." Noah says.

"Okay, well, you should leave." I tell him, pulling my hands away and stepping back. 

"Please don't forget about me." Noah says, taking me by surprise. It's not something I would think he'd ever say.

"Never." I reply.

"Goodbye." He says, biting his lip as a single tear runs down his face.

"Goodbye." 

a/n -

i love that song at top tbh

<3 lilia