𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT | BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

WHEN DAMON HAD TOLD KLARA HE WAS VISITING STEFAN, SHE LEAPT AT THE CHANCE TO FOLLOW. She promised him that she would visit make sure he was still sane while the temptress that was Katherine Pierce tried to lure him into submission. As soon as they got there, Stefan gave a warm and inviting smile toward Klara. It was the best he could do, given they were unable to make physical contact. 

Damon informed Stefan of the lengths he had to go to so that Elena Gilbert remained safe. "You trapped her in the house?" Stefan gawked. It was clear to both Klara and Damon that Stefan did not agree with the plan, but it was the best they could come up with.

"It's for the best. Trust me. Elena's on a martyr tear that rivals your greatest hits." Damon wriggled his eyebrows and then rested his arm on Klara's shoulder. "You should be glad the witch and I are getting along. Even Klara's forgiven me." 

The blonde rolled her eyes and took a step away from Damon which caused his arm to fall. She picked up a duffle bag from the floor and tossed it to Stefan. "We brought you a little care package. The essentials. Candles, lanterns, and some blood... just to keep you going."

Damon pulled a water bottle containing blood out from his pocket, but Stefan shook his head. "Give that to me and I'm just gonna have to share it with her."

All eyes cast to Katherine who was standing not too far away from Stefan. "You three are surprisingly calm, considering Klaus will hunt you down and kill you if you mess with his little plan."

Damon shrugged. "I've been dead before. I got over it."

Klara nervously looked down at her hands and then up toward her friend, who appeared to ignore the fact that Katherine had moved closer to him. "I promise we're gonna get you out of here, Stef."

"Don't worry about me. Just make sure Elena's safe." Stefan asked the two, who nodded slowly. Eventually, Damon glanced at Katherine and thought it best not to give Stefan the bottle of blood. Klara shot her friend one last smile before she followed Damon out of the tomb. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You haven't told me what your grand plan is." Damon eyed up Klara. The two had gotten out of Damon's car and started toward Elena's house, where she was bound by a spell Bonnie cast. "I mean, how are you going to rescue Stefan from the tomb, huh?"

Klara shrugged. "I'll find a way. There's got to be something, Damon. There's always something." The blonde huffed and walked a little further in front of the vampire. She pushed the door open and headed inside, giving a short smile to Jeremy and Elena who were sitting on the couch.