𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER NINE | THE DESCENT

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA WALKED BACK INTO HER BEDROOM TO SEE STEFAN STANDING AT HER DOOR. The girl had finished doing her makeup in the mirror of the bathroom, and she was ready to start the day and face the inevitable drama that was coming their way. 

"Morning, stalker." Klara smiled toward her friend as she pulled a leather jacket over her arms. "How's it feel to be a free man? To wake up in your own bed and not a disgusting, dusty tomb floor?"

"Not to mention the showering." Stefan pointed out as she walked into his friend's room and placed himself down onto her bed. "God, I've missed showering."

Klara turned around from eyeing herself up in the white, full-length mirror and raised an eyebrow toward the Salvatore vampire. "Could've fooled me." 

"Ooh, hurtful." He pretended to be wounded and held his hand over his heart while the blonde rolled her eyes. "So, I was thinking about this whole Elena being Klaus' human sacrifice thing—"

"I mean, it would've been a little bit concerning if you weren't thinking about it. But, go on."

"Well, Katherine said that Isobel could have some answers and I've got a few questions that need answering." As Stefan spoke, Klara pulled a face. Elijah was very clear that they were not to upset his plan, and Stefan's idea could do just that. "Klara, relax. I just wanna know a little bit more about Klaus, okay?"

Klara scoffed quietly and wriggled her eyebrows toward her best friend. "Is this your way of asking me if I want to accompany you on a fact-finding mission?"

"Figured you and I haven't really had a friend-day in a while." Stefan shrugged. "I've missed you. So, yeah, I want you yo accompany me on a fact-finding mission."

"I suppose I could do with a day away from the house." Klara sighed out as she finally nodded her head, hearing Stefan cheer quietly. "Have you, uh, have you seen how Rose is doing?"

There was a werewolf attack that took place not too long after Stefan and Klara decided to go to bed. Damon had made an enemy of a wolf named Jules, who then decided to attack him during the full moon. But, Rose took the hit instead of Damon, which resulted in her gaining an incurable werewolf bite. She was dying.

"It didn't look good." Stefan's faced immediately tensed up. Rose and Damon had become friends in the short time they had known each other, and he worried that her death might undo his progress into being a better person. "The bite is fatal. I mean, I have never even seen a werewolf bite first hand. There's no telling how this will play out."

"But you're worried about Damon." Klara finished with a nod.

"I'm always worried about Damon." The Salvatore lifted himself up from the bed. He nodded his head toward the door and waited for Klara to follow. "Come on, let's get out of here."