Tell daddy all about it...

Jay sat with his chin resting on his hand. A wicked grin spread across his face. I knew this was a dangerous look, one that meant someone was going to be dead very soon. He looked twisted, a murderous gleam in his emerald eyes.

I leaned against the wall, pulling the torn shoulder of my costume up to its correct place before letting it fall loose once again.

"Tell Daddy again who did this to you." He demanded, straightening himself and closing the window he had been peering out of. His normally pale skin seemed to glow red under the makeup. But I wasn't afraid. His anger wasn't aimed towards me for once.

"One a' penqy's men. I got away just before..." I trailed off, a shiver making its way through my body as I thought of the animals grubby hands on my body. So forceful and sickening. I could have thrown up right there.

Lifting my eyes to Jay's I was terrified by what I saw, his face was twitching, his eyebrows knitted together, his eyes almost black as he stared past me. Along with my fear I felt the familiar want to reach out for him. To kiss him and squeeze him as hard as I could.

Though he wasn't always chocolates and roses, he was always one to defend my honor. To show everyone whose girl I was.

Usually by making an example of the creep with a public execution.

He leaned down, wrapping his long fingers around my neck and bringing me back from my thoughts. Giving it a squeeze tight enough to catch my breath. With his free hand he pushed down my cowl and put a hand through my hair.

Leaving it to flow down my shoulders and fold around his grip he said,

"You know who you belong too, don't you pooh?" I nodded, feeling aroused by this display of affection.

Jay had a very different way of showing love and as he planted a kiss on my forehead, I knew he was going to show the world.

Like most of his 'jokes' no one would get it besides me, and that was something special, another component in our relationship. I would make popcorn and cuddle up with Bud and Lou in front of the TV set. Our little family watching my puddin' show the word how our love worked.

He was slipping into his coat as I straightened myself. Turning back for a moment before closing the door he said, "Don't wait up, daddy has some business to attend to." The last thing I heard was his cackling as he strode down the front steps, the sound of his heavy footsteps disappearing into the snow.

I went to the window, quieting down the hyenas who heard the door open and close. He was on the phone, speaking harshly as he slipped his tall frame into the car and slammed the door so hard it knocked all of the snow off of it.

I smiled as he sped away, so fearless, so ready to kill for me. I knew he saw me as an object, like a child's favorite toy. It had been months since he so much as kissed my forehead, or said more then a sentence to me. But as soon as someone else touches his things, it's suddenly all he is interested in.

Chuckling to myself I made my way to the bedroom, it would be at least half an hour before puddin' would be on tv and I couldn't stand being in that raggedy suit for another second.

I slipped out of it, letting the cigarette scented and dirt covered garment lay deflated on the ground. Dressing in a pair of shorts and t-shirt I picked up the suit with two fingers and tossed it to Bud, letting the babies get some enjoyment out of the thing.