Chapter 1 - System Recodnizes Host

Gu Zuo hugged a bag of groceries as he trotted home. His family's house wasn't close, and it would take another ten minutes to get there.

He was feeling a bit anxious. His dad should've been waiting at home for a while now and wouldn't have started eating without him. He had stomach problems, and while his other father wasn't around, only he could take care of his dad.

Thinking this, Gu Zuo sped up.

But just as he crossed the road, an extremely fast truck swerved into the intersection. The driver was clearly drunk out of his mind!

Shocked, Gu Zuo tried to dodge, but there wasn't enough time and the truck was upon him. He only felt a sharp pain before he blacked out and knew no more.

Before losing consciousness, Gu Zuo failed to notice a twinkling object entering his forehead between his eyebrows. Then his body vanished.

At the same moment, another body replaced his and was crushed beneath the truck.

Soon, a crowd gathered and shouts filled the air...

Gu Zuo crashed to the ground and grimaced in pain. However, he was still relieved. Whatever happened, he was still alive after being hit by a truck, right?

He got up and dusted himself off. As he looked for the bag of groceries he dropped, he was stunned by the scene around him.

A carved wooden window and antique furniture, what was this place?

Gu Zuo felt anything but reassured. He'd just been hit, but hit by what? There was nothing here that could've hit him!

Then as he looked around, he found a young man lying on a bed.

Gu Zuo immediately went over to ask about his situation.

He didn't feel quite right. The person's appearance felt off somehow... As soon as he reached the bed and got a clear view of the person lying on the bed, he froze.

Who was this... How could he look exactly like him?

The person on the bed was a teenager. His complexion was deathly pale and eerily motionless like a pool of stagnant water.

Gu Zuo's face went pale as well.

This person shouldn't be dead, right?

Composing himself, Gu Zuo gathered all his courage and waved his finger under the teenager's nose. Immediately his whole body weakened — Fuck, he really was dead! If someone walked in, he wouldn't be able to explain himself even if he had ten thousand mouths! Moreover, he inexplicably came across a dead body that had his face. It felt like he was looking at his own corpse! What a rip-off!

Gu Zuo retreated a few steps. He walked over to the window and looked outside to see an empty courtyard with glimpses of people flickering in the distance.

His mood immediately became even more complicated.

Thinking about his dad who needed assisted living, he wondered how sad he'd be when he found his son missing. He felt terrible.

It shouldn't be like this... Wasn't he asked to process some medicinal herbs at Huichun Hall today? How could this have happened? Gu Zuo collapsed onto a bench in a daze. Even getting hit by a truck would've been better than this...

Wait a minute!

Gu Zuo's face paled further.

He was hit.

Yes, he remembered he was clearly hit by that truck and felt intense pain. But now that his body was uninjured, it didn't make any sense!

His whole appearance was unscathed...