Diary Entry #32

Diary Entry #32

" He is simply fascinating! I never met a human that glows as bright as the heavens. A human who's light easily out shines mine and maybe a few other angels including my dear brothers. However, despite the beauty it withholds I cannot express this beauty to him. I spoke of this light he emits, but he doesn't understand what i'm talking about. Can humans not see it? Can they not weigh their own worth and value as us angels do?"

"Every time I return to our little rendezvous he never fails to bring something that encourages my helpless obsession for human culture. This time when he arrived at our designated meeting place, he came with this odd box. When I opened it, it only confused me. I will never forget the laughter we share- or rather he had. (I didn't understand the comical situation until it was explained to me.) He told me it was what his culture called a flute. As usual he let me examine and do my best to try to decipher what it could be used for. Saving myself the embarrassment of recalling the events that transpired before I came to the realization that it was a musical instrument however it isn't played by hands like my Harp... it is played by mouth. I only learned that after he demonstrated how to use the lovely item."

"I will never forget the beautiful melody it carried. I felt myself drift away, light tones and harmonies surrounding me. It was wonderful, unworldly, ethereal-"

"-ith!"

"Huh!?"

The female flushed as she abruptly stopped her writing and closed her journal. Her head whipped up toward the figure standing in her doorway. "O-oh! Belphie..." Lilith stuttered bashfully, the endearing nickname for her brother slipping past her lips on mere reflex. She knew she looked very odd and flustered which didn't help her situation at all. "Did you need something? Sorry... I was in my own little world. You know I like writing." She tried tucking her platinum blond locks out of her field of vision, but got frustrated as her stubborn locks refused to cooperate. She let out a frustrated huff as she then twisted briefly to move her book and pencil from her side to under her pillow. Her hands moved to her lap and kept her gaze there, too ashamed to look up at one of her most cherished brothers.

Lilith was not one to pick favorites out of her brothers, she loved them all dearly, but it would be a lie if she claimed she didn't have a strong pull toward Belphegor. Everything between them was just so natural. She did feel the same bond between her other brothers, but nothing could compare to Belphegor. The man knew everything when it came to her. From her favorite color to her deepest darkest fears. That being said he knew her behaviors, especially her odd-ball behaviors that arise in times like this. The lack of eye contact, the swinging of her feet, the shifting of her gaze from wall to wall... damn her childish and obvious defense mechanisms. This is exactly why she could never be a Winged Warrior!

"You okay?" She noticed Belphegor's unique eyes do an overall look over her before the embodiment of sloth made his way toward his sister, closing her room door behind him. He sat down on the edge of the bed before he turned to her waiting for an answer. She knew the lack of response would upset him, but what could she possibly say?! She was caught red handed. If he knew of the wicked deeds she was doing behind his back he was sure to stop the visits to the human world. Her requests would be denied and then how was she going to see the world, but most importantly how was she going to see him again. No! She had to see him again. A wave of desperation passed through her, a burning hot feeling that coursed through her veins, it surged for her to venture forward on its own accord. "Mmhmm," She responded lamely.

Lilith didn't seem to acknowledge her angrily brewing brother. As she thought the answer didn't please her brother at all. His eyes narrowed on her before they trailed over to her pillow where she recently hid her treacherous deeds. He wasn't stupid, ever since they started traveling to the human world she kept that silly journal under lock and key, as if they would keep him out. He didn't know the contents of the book, but he knew it hid the key of why she was reacting like she did.

Belphegor couldn't help but feel the sharp sting of betrayal against what felt like his own being. Didn't she trust him? They were supposed to be closer than the rest and yet he felt as if she was holding him at arm's length. What had changed? Did he do something to upset her? He didn't remember pushing her buttons at all for the past week. Then again...he sleeps for the majority of the day and night..

It may be childish, but when it came to Lilith he was willing to open up doors he himself didn't know just to validate his position. His admiration and devotion for his sister knew no bounds. He would do anything for her, all she had to do was ask. However he knew the feeling was not mutual, nor returned, not to the degree he pledged for her and for now, that was okay. When he first asked about the pesky journal all it did was make her angry with him. Granted he persisted despite her protests and warnings, which escalated her decline in mood. The outcome was her locking herself in her room, refusing to talk to him or anyone else in the shared home for a few weeks. It took Beelz and unfortunately the second eldest, Mammon to get her to leave her room, it took even more for her to talk to him. He didn't want to open that wound for her not again. He, himself, did not want to go through the change again either. He couldn't bear going through another painful week that was similar to that one. He couldn't be away from her, he couldn't possibly survive without her.

Silence filled the room, Lilith spent that time trying to convince her own mind that it wasn't uncomfortable or angry silence. It was just peaceful silence, the silence before the storm, the silence that was anything but what it was, the silence reckoning toward-

An embarrassing squeak left her mouth as her straying thoughts were interrupted by her brother who put his signature black and white pillow on her legs. He made himself comfortable on her lap per routine, resting his head against his pillow as he rose his legs to the bed as well. All the tension proceeded to leave her body as she watched her brother softly sigh. His own burdens and thoughts became undone as his furrowed brow relaxed. Her hand instinctively coming to his hair, ruffling it and traveling through the soft hairs. "There you are.." she mumbled happily, proceeding to caress his hair with a tender smile on her face. "My lazy brother..."

The sentence earned her an annoyed huff from the angel resting on her lap. His beautiful eyes resting on her own amethyst ones, searching and getting lost in her light orbs. "I.." he started before he shook his head and closed his eyes. "I'm not lazy...I just choose to do this line of work.."

"Which is?"
"Dream Diving.."

Lilith's hand stopped on top of his head as a chest heaving laugh erupted from her and chimed around the room. Ah her laugh, it could put the best Harp players to shame. He could get lost in that sound, drown in it even. He strives to hear it from her everyday. It was a shame when he didn't. "And how does that help anybody? For heaven's sake Belphie, you're a Wing Warrior aren't you?" She peered down at the sloth of an angel. "My brothers... all my precious brothers. You bring such honor to the lineage.." Her hand dropped to his face, her fingertips dancing across his cheek as she enjoyed the touch of his soft skin. For someone who is rumored to be one of the most brutal angels on the field of battle, Belphie was so soft..

"Dream Diving is an important role to do too."
"Oh?" A teasing smile graced her face. "I'll bite. How is it important?"
"Well someone has to get strong on Dream Demons and protect you from those nightmares of yours right?"

Lilith's eyes widened as she opened her mouth, but no sound came out. Her heart thumped in her chest as Belphegor opened his eyes once more and found hers. "Belphie..." Lilith uttered as her face flushed. A signature goofy grin was on her face within seconds...another defense mechanism when she's nervous. "You don't have to worry about me. You already do so much for me." Belphegor didn't reply, he didn't have to. His eyes conveyed the message perfectly, but he thought it was important to let his sister know how he felt. "I want to..your safety is important to me too, as much as it is to the other angels. Your value may be minimal compared to other angels, but that doesn't matter..not to me." He spoke softly, as if the words might hurt her if spoken too harshly. "To me.. you're my inspiration, my source of power, my reason for doing whatever I can to stop demons from coming anywhere close with my brothers."

They both were transfixed, caught onto the other like moths to a flame. Lilith felt his soft yet rough hand come to her cheek. The distance between them begins to close, herself leaning down to meet him. "you can't understand. There is no way you can understand what I feel. What I'm willing to sacrifice just to be with you...."

She could hear the conviction in his voice...

"It's like holding back a flood gate that has been crumbling for the past decade...."

The wanting and desire in his eyes...

"I can't do it any longer Lilith..."

His lips centimetres from her own, she finally closed her eyes and awaited his words. His lips finally meeting hers as he vocalized his thoughts.

"I love you, Lilith.."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.