Chapter 1

The Angel’s Room

I’m in a hotel walking back to my room. I get my key and see my room number gold-plated “32” and unlock the door and walk inside. I began taking my clothes out of my closet and began checking the shelves for the rest of my belongings. Then suddenly as I was packing I noticed how quickly the lights attached to the walls and ceiling began flickering quickly and then died. I went over and flipped the switch behind me but the lights lost their power. Frustrated I kept trying to fix the lights by messing with the switch until I turned around and saw two super bright lights shining towards me. A car drove by out my window behind me with the blinds shut however the headlights from the car still shinned through my room and revealed this tall and dark figure with surprisingly blinding white eyes (which were actually the two bright lights and not the headlights of the car).

This figure also appeared to be a room service man with his uniform on when the car headlights passed by. I felt super afraid and I didn’t know what to do. I could’ve escaped my room but unfortunately this room service guy or whoever he or it was was standing still in the middle of the room not saying a word to me (it didn’t look or sound like it was breathing) and I was in front of the only widow I had. Frozen in fear I didn’t know what to do other than to play the most scariest staring contest ever with this mystery. I didn’t take my eyes off of this creature. I just couldn’t do it until finally the game was over. The lights flickered back on again and the figure disappeared.