ones lonely, twos a company and threes perfect {Destiel}

~AU~

(I might do a part two? I havn't decided)

"Is everything alright with her! Is she going to be okay! Are the babies okay?" Dean screamed, he attempted to push through the group of doctors though as Cas had a firm grip on his arm. Through the commotion Dean could only see glimpses of Charlie, her red hair, her face almost the same shade, an arm, the pale blue of her hospital gown. Her screams only blurred with the doctors rushed voices, and the beeping of machines. The nosies all blurring through Dean's already spinning head.

He attempted to push through the doctors one last time to get to his best friend, before giving up, collapsing into Cas's arms, who almost dragged him out of the room and back into the hallway. The sudden silence was almost worse than the screaming, sitting eerily through the empty hallway, only broken by their own low breaths.

For a second Dean wondered if he could get back in, or if the doctors had locked the door. He wanted to be there' holding Charlie's hand, being some sort of support, like he had promised he would. Instead he was being useless standing in a hallway.

"We shouldn't have asked her to do this!" Dean explained, collapsing into one of the hallway waiting chairs.

He looked up at his boyfriend, who didn't sit instead standing a few feet in front of the door. He looked exhausted, his usual tanned skin now a lighter, well his mesed hair, was even worse. Dean didn't blame Cas, they'd been in the hospital for almost a whole day, and he himself, probably looked much worse.

"And did what Dean?" Cas asked, turning towards Dean to speak,  "Ask another girl to go through this for us? Charlie wanted to be our sergeant. She asked us!"

"How are you staying so f*cking calm! Our babies are in there! Our- Charlie!"

"They're doctors, they know what they're doing."

Dean groaned at his boyfriends stability, just once would he like to be the sane one. "Sit with me?" He finally asked, looking up at the other. Cas smiled, giving Dean a small nod. He came over sitting down in the chair next to Dean before he lent his head against Dean's shoulder.

Castiel took Dean's hand in his own, running his thumb across Dean's knuckles. For a second Dean could forget his worries, the panic of Charlie's almost six week early labour, the sudden declaration for a c-section. Most importantly the dread in his stomach that something would go wrong.

"I'm just worried about them," Dean said.

"I know," Cas whispered, his hot breath tickling against Dean's neck. "Is Sam going to be here soon?"

Dean shook his head, "He's got work, but he's goin'ta to try to get here in the next few hours, what about your family?"

"My dad wants me to call him once the triplets are born, and my siblings are all busy."

"All five of them?" Cas nodded, "Son of a b*tchs"

Their conversation died out after that, Castiel kept his head against Dean's shoulder while Dean tilted his head up, studying the white roof in boredom. Within minutes he had every crack and faded paint memorized. Counted in his head, then created into various shapes.

The boredom drew on as the minutes ticked by, and the silence continued. Only broken by the occasional passing of a nurse or doctor, until the sound of a door opening came.  

Dean tilted his head properly, Cas lifting his at the same time. In front of them a doctor stood, one Dean recognized from when they had first brought Charlie in hours before. He was shorter, with a balding head, and in his arms a clipboard "Hello, Mr.Novak, Mr.Winchester, how are you two doing?" he began, his voice gruff and low, much like that of a smoker.