⭐⭐Introduction And Praise⭐⭐

Hello, and welcome to Dreamland Exchange.  My name is Cross, the head-admin of the account. If you are trying to decide if this club is for you, we have a short introduction of the club along with a list of pros and cons. Following that, we have praise from our members. If this club does not interest you but you do want to join a club, we point you to our others. You can either look at their pages or head to Dreamland Community, where we have a more extensive explanation of each club along with the pros and cons list in a chapter called Book Club Guide.

That said, here is your introduction to Dreamland Exchange!

Introduction:

This club works on a pairing system, with updates running from Sunday 5 PM EST to the following Sunday at 12 PM EST. You read four chapters of your partner's book and leave extensive comments on it. Also, every two weeks, we will have a Golden Dreamer, which is like a book of the week/book of the month, except every two weeks and is chosen based on comment quality over the weeks. You will need to read and comment on two of their chapters. Over the course of two weeks, then, you read a total of 10 chapters.

Pros: You get extensive feedback. You get to give us preferences and avoidances so we can try to place you with favorable books. It is the most popular book club which means it can give you a wide amount of community, the largest outside the discord. Great commenters are rewarded as best as we can reward them. We have a re-pairing/permanent pairing system that lets you stay with a certain person if you really like their books or commenting style.

Cons: It is the most work heavy of any of our clubs. You have to read four chapters of a book you may not love. Getting extensive comments on the first four chapters over and over can get boring and useless. You may get a partner who nitpicks and is just a butt but you have deal with having comment on four chapters. Again, MOST WORK HEAVY CLUB.

Praise:

MoniTheTigerEmpress: Dreamland Exchange was the first book club I entered in dreamland back in 2020. I remember being nervous when I went to fill the form but then I was so so happy when I got accepted. Exchange had taught me a lot of things especially with how to comment and the rules of writing when I had come out of my 4 or 5 year hiatus. I remember entering this book because I had just rewritten one of my books after not being happy with the original 2014 version and everyone I had gotten paired up with were so lovely and helpful. They explained everything in a polite way and were never rude in the comments. I just love how exchange gives you the opportunity to state/avoid content you do not want to read as well.

amelancholypen: This book club has a really amazing community of writers of varying stages of writing expertise. You can find your place and get good feedback, no matter whether you are an experienced writer, or if you're just starting on your first novel. The club has wonderful admins who keep things running very smoothly, and my pairings so far have been wonderfully helpful and uplifting. I've gotten amazing feedback so far. I really like how extensive the comments are, and the workload for each person is extremely reasonable, and not much to pay for real quality editing tips from talented writers. I've really enjoyed this club!

SugarPalette: The Dreamland Bookclub is a place where I feel welcomed. There's so many supportive and sweet people here that give tons of feedback to help hype up and give constructive criticism to your stories. Thanks to Dreamland, I'm able to not only improve in writing, but discover new stories and make new friends. I really recommend joining! There are no regrets that come with joining this wonderful club.

DomiSotto: This is the only club I came across that is not tough on superfluous requirements (follows, tags, having additional software) but puts efforts in what counts: delivers a reading partner week after week and making sure people give thoughtful feedback. Four chapters a week is a pace that will get an actual book read if you partner up with someone whose book you like for a while. Otherwise, at the very least you get comments on more than chapter 1 or 2. Also, not having to wait till your book comes up in a queue you are not risking that the membership decreases by the time it's your turn! As long as you are willing to put enough efforts into it, the Dreamland gives you back a lot!

dreams_of_silver: Dreamland Book Club is a great place to get detailed opinions on your book and meet other writers. There's a fair amount of work involved, but I've found it well worth the effort!

mortaltendencies: The book club is among the most cohesive, flexible, and organised book clubs here in Wattpad. The club wants the best for all of its members which is why the line count for the outline comments is so specific; it's difficult to help someone improve if you, the reader, are not clear and in-depth in what needs improvement. I've been a member for almost half of my 5-year Wattpad journey, and I've learned so much about my book and my writing through in just four chapters. Not only that, the book club plays a huge role in developing my critiquing skills, which has helped a lot in general book reviews and even school assignments haha.

LaiaLK: am a relatively new member. I could talk about how helpful the feedback can be and how much I enjoy reading the comments from fellow members, which is all true, but really what I love about the book club is the fellow writers. Everyone seems so nice and supportive and I'm really grateful for that. Cross, Pup and the other admins clearly care a lot for this community. To sum up: super cool people. ❤️

stxr_light00: I have been in this book club for about a month. And it has been really helpful. People provide really helpful suggestions and criticisms which helps a lot. Especially when you are new in the writing world. And also I wanted to mention but didn't know where to, people should join the discord! It's super fun.

EmmaConnolly379: I have discovered so many new books through this club! I love that there's a feature that allows you to pair up with a permanent reading partner if you find someone who loves your book as much as you love theirs and the admin do a great job of ensuring that each member follows the rules and puts equal effort into their reviews, so you really do get as much out of it as you put in.

_huckleberry: This club was the first club to hit everything I was looking for in a reading/writing community on Wattpad, and showed up just as I was going to quit this site. This club is filled with concrete rules and expectations, valuable critiques and varied reading, and incredibly supportive club members and moderators. It really is a phenomenal club.