Lithuanian Days

This took me way longer than I would have liked to write. But. It's done now.

I've written America as autistic because that's my main headcanon for him. It's not a huge thing, and it's offhandedly mentioned. But. He's autistic.

________________________________________________________________________________

The mall was crowded, but Lithuania didn't let it bother him as he listened to America go on.

"—there's so much to do, Tolys!" America cried, waving his hands as he spoke. "Come on, I'll show you around!"

Lithuania couldn't help but smile at his boyfriend's enthusiasm; he loved how America got so passionate about things.

This festival America had invited him to—Lithuanian Days—was apparently the oldest ethnic festival in the United States.

While Lithuania wasn't one for large social gatherings like this, it was celebrating his culture, so of course he'd agreed to come.

It was impressive, Lithuania noted as America pulled him around by the hand. It was nice that America's people were so into celebrating his culture.

They stopped at the food vender first; it was noon, and both were hungry.

Lithuania went for the šaltibarščiai; America seemed unsure on what to try first. Lithuania, who knew that America's tastes could be finicky at times (apparently this was common with autistic people), nudged him in the direction of kugelis, which Lithuania knew he liked.

America still ended up trying everything, anyways.

Lithuania sighed as he patted America on the back, who was currently gagging over a bowl of lapienė.

"I told you you wouldn't like it," Lithuania said, taking the bowl and finishing it himself. America didn't really like spinach. It was something in the texture, Lithuania suspected.

America pouted.

After it was gone, they went to see the rest of the festival, but not before America grabbed some desserts.

"So, where do you wanna go next?" America asked, munching on some tinginys.

"Um," Lithuania said, holding a half-eaten žagarėliai as he looked around. He did a double-take as his gaze landed on a table. "Are those margučiai?"

America brightened.

"They're easter eggs!" he said, pulling Lithuania over.

"Yes, Alfred. That's what margučiai are," Lithuania said, finishing the pastry as they stopped at the table.

A woman was creating intricate designs on the eggs by scratching away at the paint.

The woman didn't stop, but did speak up.

"Hello," she said. "What can I do for you boys today?"

As she finished an egg, she set it down.

"This is Tolys," America said. "He's actually from Lithuania!"

The woman smiled warmly.

"Welcome," she said. "I hope you enjoy your time here!"

"It's really nice," Lithuania said. "I can't believe you all have a festival to celebrate m—our culture."

"Well, here in Pennsylvania, we have the largest concentration of Lithuanian-Americans," the woman said.

Lithuania actually did know that, but nodded anyway.