Part 1~ Introductions

Wind pushed around me, combing through my locks as if I was brushing them myself. The grass underneath me pressed up against my legs like a Growlith to its mother. My hand flies across the canvas in quick and efficient strokes as my mind communicates the field to my wrist. Paint was slightly splashing me as the result of a quick swipe I made to imitate grass.

My name is (y/n). I was born and raised in Kanto. My life thus far has been normal. When I was a kid, I attended school, had friends, and even lived in a neighborhood; complete with a neighborhood buoy and a nearby park. When I was young, my interests consisted only of art and drawing Pokémon. I remember the horrible early drawings, even going back to look at them from time to time.

By the time I was 12, my friends were off beginning their Pokémon journey, challenging the gyms and doing their best to make it to the league. Not me. My eyes were on my skills. I wanted the world to see my skills and talent. Although some may argue I'm lacking in those categories, I knew I was going to make it. That's why I am here. I worked under plenty of artists in Kanto, and after about 3 years of interning, I decided it was time to go out in the world.

When figuring out which region was the best for me, my mother reminded me of relative in Galar, my cousin Gloria and her mother Valerie. The two had just moved there last year due to Valerie purchasing a run down building in the nearby town of Wedgehurst. Apparently an elderly couple were retiring their business as a law firm and aunt Val decided to turn it into a bakery. Neat stuff! Next thing I knew, I would be moving into their spare bedroom and starting my freelance career as an artist!

If only it went as well as it did in the movies.

I barely made by the first two months to pay rent, until Gloria begged her mother to let me save up what little money I made, embarrassing! This turned into saving up for my own studio which....I barely have enough to rent a bicycle...

I lean back against the park bench and look at my drawing of the beautiful landscape before me. The dazzling lake surrounded by lush greenery and trees looked like it came from a storybook. The Combees and Oddish roam around the scenery like accents. It was beautiful.

I put my sketch away into my bag and pack up my things to head back to the house. My heart begging me to look at my phone to see if any new jobs have come in, but my body quickly rejects those begs by standing up, turning around, and heading back to the station and out of the 'wild area' as the locals have called it.

BUZZ BUZZ

A text? From who? I take out my phone.

Gloria: Hey mum was wondering where you where at? She made chili tonight and wanted to show you a letter that came in the mail today.

Letter? Why would she want me to see a letter? Was it from mom?

Me: Mm yum, what letter?

She doesn't even hesitate a moment.

Gloria: She told me it's a letter addressed to you. It's from The Chairman, Rose!

Hello lovelies! Welcome to the newest story to my page! Hopefully you guys enjoy!