SAARI KI SAARI

- - 💌 - -

Dear SKS,

The first time I heard you, sitting in my room, came after a tensed day at school.

As soon as the first beat of the music started, something unexpected happened. The very first beat of the music, stole away my heart.

And then came the voice, 'सारी की सारी मेरी है तू , तुझको कभी ना मैं बाटू '

It was the moment when I knew, I couldn't hold back. I was lost in the music, the melody and the voice ofcourse. In the next few seconds, I was already searching for the song on YouTube.

I found it.

But something broke inside me.
Only 9 million views?
Nevertheless I still opened the link. Just few minutes and I was already sinking in the song.
I didn't realised when the video ended, when it did, I had tears in my eyes. It's not so often that I cry watching a movie. But that day I did, I did had watery eyes. For the first time, just by listening to a song.

Cause that isn't just a song, it's an emotion.

'यूँ खुश्बू मेरी, हवाओं में महसूस करना तुम
लिखे हर लफ्ज़ मेरे हाथों से, उसे याद रखना तुम'

Even though I had met you a few minutes ago, I felt a connection with you.

Dil se Dil ka connection.

I had never fallen in love before. But that day I did, I started falling for you. Isn't it crazy, to fall in love with a song? But yes, I did. I became the crazy lover.
Because you ain't just a song, you are an emotion.
An emotion, beautifully portrayed by a lover. A lover of music, poetry ( Kavi Mahoday), our nation, mother Earth and ofcourse a love portrayed by a soldier.

I was and am still amazed, how could a song play so many emotions, could bring back or create so many memories, could make you smile and cry at the same time. It's magical how each and every line of the song could relate to me.

' जब जब नींद ना आए , मेरी याद सताए , मुझे दिल से पुकार लेना
एहसास बनके तेरे पास रहु , बस मुझको ढूंढ लेना .'

You were the first thing and I listen to, when I wake up and the last thing I listen to, before I go to sleep. Without you I can't imagine my life.

' हर वो लम्हा , जिसमे तुम हो , वो मेरी ज़िंदगी हो .'

'कहूँगा जो मैं तुम्हे सुनोगे क्या , रहोगे ना पास तुम हमेशा '

It makes me feel like you really know me, you are there to understand me. It's like we are two peas in a pod. You and I , we are one.

And then your twin came into the world, or I should say your version 2.0 - SKS 2.0 ( 2020) .
Honestly, the day before the release,I was hell nervous. I was afraid, afraid of the fact that what if I don't like the new by version? What if due to SKS 2.0 ,I start liking you little less?
But then when it came out,

' दूर होके भी पास मेरे हो , सपनो से आगे अब तुम , हक़ीक़त बन चुके हो '

Well you definitely had to shift a little, to make a place for this new love in my heart!

Dear SKS 2.0, I don't know how, but instantly I got connected with you and even started singing along.
You had the same magic just like 2016's SKS.

SKS 2.0, you came with hopes, embracing me the way I am, understanding me as if we had a connection.

Yes, Dil se Dil ka connection.
Why? Because you ain't just a song, you are an emotion.

' हारा दिल हारा तुझपे मैं ऐसे , बेहोशी के आलम हो जैसे '

Listening to you I cried with a smile on my face. You made me realise that we don't need any fairytales when we have a song as magical as any fantasy fable.

' ये दर्द हैं जो तेरे , तू कर दे उनको मेरे
मेरी हर दुआ में तू , पर हक़ीक़त में कहाँ '

You made me realise how to smile even during challenging situations.

' यादें मेरी आयें जब भी , सोच लेना क़रीब हूँ मैं
ख़्वाब मेरे आए जब भी , पलकों के नीचे ही हूँ मैं '

But then even having such strong bond, I could't meet you. I haven't. I crave for the moment when I will be there, standing among all your admirers, listening to you live. With tears in my eyes and a smile on my face. Singing along with you.

' सारी की सारी तेरी हूँ मैं , कभी दूर तुझसे ना जाऊँ
चाहे लगे अर्सों आने में मुझे , फिर दूर तुझसे ना जाऊँ '

But then you only give me hopes that someday, one day, I will finally meet you. There in the middle of maybe at the corner, I would be standing, listening to you live. And I am waiting for that day.

That day when I would say,

' Yeh waqt ese hi ruk jaaye, yun hi thhum jaaye,
aur tum mere paas raho, hamesha ke liye.'

Love,
Your admirer