Chapter 4

I've written this chapter since last week Saturday but didn't want to update it. But I got a change of heart today. This would be the final chapter before I start the weekly update next week. This chapter is dedicated to me4268es for his lovely comments. It's kinda because of his I updated this.

P. S.  I changed the person I used for Elyon to someone else. Go and check the characters to see the new person. She's actually finer and looks more matured.
__________________________________

Jamal and Skye in the media

Jamal's POV

The driver dropped me off and I started to make my way to the cafeteria since I knew it was lunch break, though I wasn't hungry at all. I had removed my tie because of the heat, not that any teacher would mind anyway. 90% of the seniors never wear their tie.

I entered the cafeteria and made my way to my table, where I knew my friends were. I heard a buzz in my pocket and brought out my phone, unlocking it. It was a text from Tolani. I sighed, opening it.

Since it was the first day of the term I knew I wasn't going to have class

Since it was the first day of the term I knew I wasn't going to have class. Mostly because the teachers would be having staff meeting with the principal.

"J. J." I heard Somadina call me. I hit the send button and looked up. Immediately my eyes landed on her.

Her.

What was she doing here?

She was looking at me too, intently. I felt my heart racing as I accessed her. She was in our school uniform, meaning she was schooling here, meaning I would be seeing her more often.

Fuck. This is a recipe for disaster.

"Jamal." Skye's voice jerked me out of my reverie and I looked at her. She gave me a concerned look. "Are you okay?" She asked me. I quickly plastered a smile on my lips.

"I'm fine. Hey guys." I greeted the rest, trading high fives with Soma and Mateo then hugging the ladies. When I was done, I settled down beside Skye and coincidentally, just across Elyon. She looked at me and when her eyes met mine, she quickly looked away. I smirked.

She's shy.

"Are you not eating?" Somadina asked, pushing his glasses up his nose. I shook my head.

"I'm not too hungry. Plus I got something on my way here, so I'm fine." I replied.

Everyone continued talking and Skye engaged me, asking me how my session went and I told her. I looked at my wrist watch and saw that it was already time for my afternoon doze.

I removed my bag from my back and reached in to take the white container containing my drug. I carried it everywhere I went. Skye saw what I was doing and stopped me. I looked at her.