Morning coffee filled with love

This morning Gavin came to work in a mood worse than usual. He walkdd hunched with hands placed deeply in his leather jacket's pockets. He sat at his desk, putting his keys, wallet and phone on it. Nobody even glanced at him, when he went into the office.

He sighed quietly and turned on his terminal, resting his head on a hand. Memories from last night hit him again.

His ex-girlfriend called him at two at night, visibly drunk and started monologue about how gross he is that he thinks of men the same way as she, a heterosexual woman. Gavin flinched only thinking about it and rubbed his eyes, trying to wake up. He needed coffee, but before he could get up to make it himself, he heard sound of a cup being put away, so he looked that way and he saw overgrown roomba.

Connor smiled at detective, then he walked away to his desk. Reed raised his brows, looking at the cup, suspecting a try of poisoning him, but he took it and noticed a sticky note.

"Have a nice day at work ;)" written in perfect font CyberLife Sans.

Gavin blinked a few times, making sure he understood what he saw. He looked at talking juicer, only to see how he's concentrating on files at his terminal. Detective shrugged and took a sip of coffee. How in the world was he able to do it perfectly?

Dumb question, he was damn android, they knew everything. However, Gavin couldn't stop a smile forming on his lips.

Maybe this day wasn't suppose to be so bad after all?

· · ·

The next weeks were exactly the same. Every day a sticky note had some nice words on itself.

Gavin's cold heart was melting and he didn't know if he felt good or bad with it. One thing was for sure, he didn't dislike this android so much.

"Where's your lighty thing?" He asked one day, when Connor started to walk away.

Android turned around, like he was surprised Gavin actually talked to him. For a moment he wondered what detective meant. He touched his temple, impulsive, almost forgetting he got rid of his LED.

"Yes, that," Gavin said, seeing Connor's reaction.

"During one of the cases I had to cut it off to look more human and gain the kidnapper's trust, " he explained, taking his hand away from the temple.

Reed nodded, for a second watching Connor's face that looked softer. Eventually, he turned his gaze away, returning to work and the android left the detective with a mess in his head.

He didn't understand why Connor was so nice to him, but he didn't understand himself even more - why did he let him do this? Bring himself closer, even if they talked only occasionally. Smile at him in a way that made his insides turn upside down. Look into his soul, doing practically nothing.

At first, co-workers were surprised by Connor's actions, but as the time passed by, they stopped paying attention to them.

Gavin looked at today's sticky note.

"Smoking kills humans, detective :("

Reed covered his mouth with a hand to stop himself from making any sound. He wondered, how Connor knew about his addiction? But again, he was an android, he probably looked at his insides or something.

No one had ever said anything about his addiction, they just barely glanced, when he pulled out a pack of cigarettes.

He sat at his desk and looked numbly at terminal's screen, sipping coffee. Until eventually, lunch break started.