xiii. battle cry [part. I]

chapter 13 - battle cry part

part. I

Dakota ran as fast as she could through the forest, desperately hoping she could make it to their camp before the scouts did.

She hadn't had time to think about what exactly their reactions would be like when they saw her. However, the important thing was just to make sure they were aware and prepared. Once she delivered the message though, she wasn't sure where she'd go from there.

No longer being an official part of Trikru meant that she couldn't fight on their side. On the other hand, that didn't necessarily mean that the Sky People would welcome her in and ask her to fight on their side either. She honestly didn't want any casualties on either side of the battle, but she knew that those outcomes were unfortunately out of her control.

The only thing that Kota could think of, would be to warn Octavia and her people and hope that they decide to evacuate instead of stay and fight. They may have different forms of weapons than Trikru, however, Grounders had all been trained as fighting warriors since childhood. They were extremely skilled and strategic and if the Sky People chose to underestimate those capabilities, it may just lead to their downfall.

______

Finally, she reached the gates of the camp but their gunners instantly seized her, dragging her inside.

"Let me go!" She yelled, trying to squirm out of their grip.

"Shut up, bitch!" one of them spat. "Hey, Bellamy! That grounder chick's back!"

Bellamy glanced in her direction with a scowl as he made his way over, however, Octavia raced past him reaching her first.

"Dakota!" she shouted, wrapping her arms around the girl. "What happened? Are you okay?"

She broke free from the boy's grip so she could quickly hug her back, not having seen her since the bridge incident and knowing she had probably been extremely worried.

"I'm fine, but I came here to warn you all that the Commander gave an official order to invade your camp. You guys need to leave now before they arrive."

Octavia looked at her confused but before she could respond, her brother was pulling her away as the two guards grabbed Kota again.

"You have some nerve showing up here again." Bellamy scolded her.

"You don't understand, I'm not a threat to you anymore! My people even disowned me for being associated with you."