That Friday Night

I kind of said I wanted to do this and maybe I actually do it. Gonna try for a one shot premise cause those are easy to do.

Oh almost forgot to credit the cover artist oops. Wayv_Gravvy once again provided the cover. Thank you hun!

...

When one thought of Kim Jongin, they thought if wild nights and sleepy mornings. Mysterious dances in the dark. The smell of cinnamon and cigarettes. Motorcycle rides. Thunderstorms. They thought of black leather jackets and boots. Black and blue and blood red and dark.  Kim Jongin embodied the bad boy stereotype.

And when one thought of Kyungsoo, they thought of bookshops and notebooks. Of round rimmed glasses and studious behavior. Of calming rain and soft hours. The smell of paper and lavender. They thought of collared shirts and pressed pants. Soft pastels and bright neon lights and all things that screamed light. Kyungsoo was quiet and calculating, incredibly book smart and put together.

Kyungsoo did always wonder about Kim Jongin though. He saw him around school of course. Despite the whispers circling the halls, Jongin did always show up to class. He sported a leather jacket over his uniform despite the administrators protests. Hair swept messily to the side and tie askew. They never ran the same circles, though Kyungsoo didn't actually know what crowd Jongin slotted with anyway.

It wasn't that Kyungsoo was obsessed with Jongin per se. He just often wondered what the other boy got up to in the hours he didn't see him.

"You're staring." Kyungsoo started, then reached out and smacked his friend's shoulder none too lightly. Park Chanyeol yelped, shooting him a wounded puppy look that made most of the female population of their school swoon. But Kyungsoo had been friends with the man fir ten years; he remained largely unaffected now. "But seriously you couldn't be any more obvious if you tried," Chanyeol continued, following Kyungsoo's line of sight. "I'm surprised you haven't set him on fire from here."

"Shush," Kyungsoo scolded. He was rewarded with a childish move of a tongue stuck out, but he simply rolled his eyes. "It's not like you're any better with Byun Baekhyun," Kyungsoo added, more than happy to tease the giant boy. Chanyeol's cheeks dusted pink. Of course Kyungsoo knew of Chanyeol's crush on their classmate. Everybody knew about it, except for Baekhyun himself.

"That's different," Chanyeol defended. "I like Baekhyun. I bet you've never even talked to Jongin." Kyungsoo leveled a glare at the giant, which caused some shifting and some mumbling. But Chanyeol was saved by the arrival of the final member of their lunch table, Kim Minseok. The oldest among them set his tray down and assessed the situation quickly.

"Spying again?" he guessed, pitching his voice low so only the members present could hear. Two identical nods were his answer, and he stifled a sigh, shaking his head. Every lunch period ended the same way, whether or not they'd intended it that way. Minseok picked at his lunch and watched the two younger boys closely, following along with them from time to time. Chanyeol's he understood, but Kyungsoo's fascination with Jongin always confused him. As far as he knew, Kyungsoo harbored no romantic feelings of any kind, let alone to Kim Jongin of all people.

Most of Kyungsoo's days were spent like that. Watching Jongin's every move as long as time permitted. Socializing with his friends and classmates. At the end if his days he would retreat to his home to do homework and then play online games with Chanyeol even though he wasn't very good at them. Yes, Kyungsoo lived a simple life. One he was happy with.

Until that Friday night that shook up everything.

...

"A party?" Kyungsoo questioned Chanyeol, mouth slightly agape. It wasn't that they hadn't debated the possibility if parties before. They had. Though their parties consisted more of sodas and video games than thumping music and alcohol. Chanyeol's expression lit up, and he presented Kyungsoo with the flyer. "I dunno Chan..."