Prologue

When Gab cries, it rains. Thunder claps, lightning strikes and raindrops fall on tiled roofs and cobbled streets.  It all seems like a mere coincidence. No one even notices it. Even Gab herself is oblivious of this strange phenomenon. No one notices it except maybe, me.

I always have this strange feeling when she cries. I always curl my fist and grit my teeth. My heart hammering in my chest. And my eyes always blazes with unspent fury. Amihan said once that my eyes remind her of the eye of one of Buhawi's hurricanes. I remember dissing her when she said that.

Why am I here anyway? Why do I always have to sense her cries even if I'm a thousand miles away? Why do I still...care?

I saw Gab sat down on the bench and wiped her face. She looked at the dark and starless sky and tried catching some raindrops with her right hand. I found myself walking towards her. When I realized what I was doing, I suddenly stopped and winced quite forcefully, which made the wind blew harder, and a little colder. She shivered from the cold.

"It looks like the heavens is offering me some sympathy," she said with a sigh. 

Ahh Gab, it wasn't the heavens.  It was just... me.

And I’m not offering any sympathy..