Prologue/Introduction

I guess I should start this story out by introducing myself.

Hi, My name is Courtney. I'm 17 years old, but I'm going to be turning 18 in July. I was born and raised in New Zealand. I can't say exactly where, because of privacy issues, but I can at least say that I live in the North Island. Online, I go by MythiCreature, or Mythi. I draw, I sing, I dance, I act sometimes; and I have hyper-fixations on many fictional works. Wings of fire, Warrior Cats, Percy Jackson, the Dragon Prince, Avatar: The last Airbender, just to name a few. But one that has always stood out from the rest to me was always the one anime that I was ever able to sit through. And that anime was My Hero Academia.

Of course, it is also often called Boku no Hero Academia, or just My hero/Boku no Hero, but the affect was still the same. If you're not familiar, I can give a quick rundown of the basic plot. It's set in the distant future, where humanity have all developed superpowers called quirks, and society has changed a lot to incorporate those quirks. For example, becoming a superhero is an actual job that you apply for, and depending on how popular you are, you get paid different amounts. The story follows a young boy who was born without a quirk named Izuku Midoriya who wants to become a hero. That's basically all I can give without spoilers, but this story isn't anything to do with my story.

Starting off, many people in the My Hero fandom fall in love with the characters. Quite literally. As in, they like to imagine dating them (Sometimes, it's a little bit more than dating... ew...) as if they were real people. I am one of these said people, and my personal favorite BNHA crush is Eijiro Kirishima. Yup, the man with red, spiky hair, shark-like teeth who likes to pound his fists together and call things manly. That guy won my heart. I found his kindness and strong arms so appealing, and I desperately wanted him to wrap me up in his big, strong arms, to hold me close to him in a warm embrace, to tell me that he loved me, that everything was going to be okay, and I'd feel so safe that I fell asleep right there in his embrace. Those kinds of thoughts helped me sleep at night.

My parents didn't really approve of this, they said that it was concerning for someone of my age to want hugs and love from a fictional, 2-Dimensional character. And at some of my darkest points of my life, I agreed and doubted myself, telling myself that it was wrong to completely dissolve into flustered giggling each time someone spoke in a voice that resembled his, telling me that he loved me. But, those bad days passed, and my friends assured me that this was like having an imaginary friend as comfort for hard times. Thankfully, this helped me a lot, and many people even began to ship this, even though it literally had no chance of ever being real, or 'canon'. But, they still found it fun to ship Kiri X Mythi. Eventually, this developed to have its own ship name; taking his signature color of red and my signature color of purple, and combining it into a gradient, making Sunset. Plus, I love the sunset color scheme, so that's an ultra win!

You can believe what you want, that's not gonna affect me at all. If it helps you get to sleep at night, you can think of this story as just another self insert fan fiction, or just a work of fiction. But, as hard as this story is to believe; and trust me, I found it hard to believe it myself, I met a fictional character in the flesh. A fictional character that I had a huge crush on.

This is how it all happened.