preface

synopsis

It is the year 2066. Vincent Karter, named after the great Vincent Van Gogh, moves to New York, the city where dreams come true, to pursue his passion for filmmaking. In a time where true cinema is dying, he is mesmerized by the golden age of Hollywood, the 2020s, a time when cinema was at its peak. Blaming himself for being born in the wrong era, he wishes he could travel back in time to experience real cinema. After all, time is your best friend and your worst enemy.

epigraph

"Art is never finished, only abandoned."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

dedication

for all the dreamers who never stop dreaming.

playlist

i. city of stars - la la land

ii. lost stars - adam levine

iii. fly me to the moon - frank sinatra

iv. la vie en rose - louis armstrong

v. before you go - lewis capaldi

vi. this must be my dream - the 1975

author's note

I'm so excited to finally be back on Wattpad after ages. We're all going through a tough time right now and I hope everyone is safe and well. I wanted to share this story with you guys hoping it would help you escape from the situation that we are in.

The characters in this book are adults (around 26-ish) so if you're looking for some cheesy teen romance, I may disappoint you (Not that I have anything against those books, I love them).

I want to write something like la la land - love isn't the only important thing. This book talks about various things - love, hope, dreams, sacrifice, passion etc.

The events in this story are part fictional and part real. Let's just assume that the coronavirus never happened this year and things are still good. I hope you guys like it!

Spread love, Nova x