𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER ELEVEN | THE DINNER PARTY 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLARA WAS LEFT WITH THE RECKLESS BROTHER WHILE STEFAN SPENT TIME AWAY WITH ELENA. It was only fitting that he and his girlfriend tried to do normal things, aside from the vampire-danger that lurked around every corner. She knew that Damon was bound to do something Damon-like since Stefan was out of town, that much was obvious. 

"Oh, good." The Salvatore's chirpy voice rang through her bedroom as he walked inside. He wriggled his eyebrows before he sat himself down on Klara's bed. "You're home." 

Klara rolled her eyes at Damon's presence. "Oh, I see what this is." She tossed her purse down onto the bed while she sipped the to-go coffee she had bought from the Grill earlier. "Your brother isn't here so you think you can come in here and bother me."

"We're friends, Klara. I feel like I've saved your life one too many times to be using the word acquaintances." Damon ran his finger across the top of the make up organizer that sat on Klara's dressing table. Klara swatted his hand away. "You should probably think about making yourself presentable today though."

The blonde narrowed her eyes as she watched Damon look her outfit up and down. "And, what's wrong with what I'm wearing, Damon?"

"Doesn't really scream dinner party to me." Damon shrugged with a sadistic grin. Klara's face instantly hardened with concern. "Oh, relax. I've just invited a few friends over for a meal."

"You don't have any friends." The blonde rolled her eyes again. 

Damon's face turned. "Rude."

"Indulge me; what friends have you invited over for this dinner party?" Klara raised an eyebrow as she noticed him awkwardly shuffle around the room. 

"So, you know my girlfriend Andie. The really hot chick. Action News. She suggested that I invite Alaric, Jenna, and—" As the explained, his voice immediately quietened. "—Elijah."

"What? Sorry, I thought you just said, Elijah." Klara blinked a few times and watched Damon slowly nod. "Are you kidding me? You're going to kill him, aren't you?"

"Me? Kill him?" Damon scoffed quietly. "As if I would do such a thing, Klara."

"That's a yes." The blonde groaned tiredly. "Just please be careful, okay? I'd hate to have to explain to Stefan that you got yourself killed at a dinner party."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Klara was nervous about the evening as a whole. The blonde girl hadn't seen Elijah since he was invited into Elena's home and explained his part in all of this. Despite the fact that he had tried to make it known that he was to be trusted, she didn't trust Elijah's intentions, and more importantly, she didn't trust him.