Chapter 1

After my parent's marriage in europe, dad agreed to live with mom in her homeland, Daegu korea.

I took my mom's surname instead of my dad's. I dont know what happened between them but sometimes i can sense mom giving dad a cold shoulder.

Maybe because mom is so sensitive in things? Like gender equality or whatever.

Dad moved to Seoul to manage our family business so I was left in my mom's care.

I do visit dad every weekend tho.

Ever since I was four, mom hid everything about herself or dad. She never talked about how they met and fell in love, nor did she talk about herself .

There was this one time that i asked her about how she met dad.

Mom only gave me a fake smile. She never answered my question.

And that's when I knew there's something she doesn't want me to know.

-CHAPTER 1-
SECRET

As a child, being left out wasn't really new to me.

I had plenty of friends when I was younger. But I know they didn't really like me like the way I liked them.

I always thought that I was lucky to have them as friends. But little did I know that
they actually hated me. Nor did they treat me like a friend.

My mom was really protective of me. So she didn't really allow me to go out often. Although, she always made it up to me by appointing plenty of playdates with her friend's children.

My mother says that her friend's children was way better than those I'll-mannered friends of mine so I just played along with her.

I didn't really get along with any of my appointed playdates . I started to think that maybe having no friends was better than having any.

And that's where I was wrong.

Because when  my father tried to appoint me with one of his friend's kid. That's when I met him.

And I realized that

Having an enemy was way better than having a fake friend.

"kim taehyung, get ready to get completely crushed"