Sad Song

You and I,
We're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky.
With you, I'm alive
Like all the missing pieces of my heart, they finally collide.

So stop time right here in the moonlight,
Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes.

Tears pricked Levi's eyes as he starred at the framed photo of you and him, posing with the rest of the Survey Corps during a night time gathering. He wore his regular emotionless expression while you had a bright grin that always made his heart beat faster. Your (h/c) hair flowing with the wind and your beautiful (e/c) eyes lighting up the dark. Oh how he mourned that those sparkling eyes had shut. He wished that he would be able to see those amazing features that you had again. How he would wished to once again hear your wonderful voice. He was breaking down.

Why couldn't time stop?

Without you, I feel broke.
Like I'm half of a whole.
Without you, I've got no hand to hold.
Without you, I feel torn.
Like a sail in a storm.
Without you, I'm just a sad song.
I'm just a sad song.

His heart felt as it had shattered in to millions of pieces. He knew he could of done something to save you. He knew that if he actually payed attention, he would of been able to stop you from getting hurt. He could still remember the painful whimpers that came from your lips when he tried to save your life from the titan.

Tears falling down his eyelids.

When Levi had placed you on the hard concrete ground, he held your hands tightly, repeating the words "D-Don't worry." over and over again. Those hands that he would never hold again. You knew that it was your time. Your time to be engulfed in the darkness of death. You knew that all of your worries would be lifted from you. But your regrets would not be dissolved. You put your palm against Levi's cheek, smiling. You've never seen him cry before. He always acted tough. He looked at you with sad eyes. By just looking at them, you could seen pain and regret. 

"T-thank you Levi."

"W-What?"

"I love you."

"(Name)!"

With you I fall.
It's like I'm leaving all my past in silhouettes up on the wall.
With you I'm a beautiful mess.
It's like we're standing hand in hand with all our fears up on the edge.

So stop time right here in the moonlight,
Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes.

You pecked his lips, like you always wanted to do. His eyes were wide. 

"Goodbye."

"NOOOOOOOO!"

You closed your eyes.

Though you didn't want too.

You felt your hurtful past and all of your fears leave your body as your heart started slowing down until it completely stopped. Levi checked for a pulse multiple times and felt his world crash when he found that there was no heartbeat. He held you close to his chest. 

Weeping.

Without you, I feel broke.
Like I'm half of a whole.
Without you, I've got no hand to hold.
Without you, I feel torn.
Like a sail in a storm.
Without you, I'm just a sad song.

Levi stuffed his face in his hands, trying to stop the droplets of sadness coming from his eyes. He didn't want to live anymore now that you were gone. He was torn. It was all the titans fault. That you were gone. 

He put a hand over his heart.

"I love you too..."

He said unknown to the spirit behind him.

(Name).

"Thank you Levi."

And she ended it with a smile...