death

The bell that signaled classes would be starting rang loudly throughout the school, immediately catching everyone's attention. The once calm hallways became noisy as all students began making their way to their classes. It was a normal day as usual, they all made it to their destinations and sat in their designated seats. Everything was fine, just a normal Monday morning. But, lord knows Monday's are just the worse.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?! HOLY- SOMEBODY HELP ME AHH!" A hoarse screech let out from down the corridor, the horrific cry for help causing chills to creep up everyone's spine. A teacher was the first to take action, seeing as it was their job to keep the students safe during school hours. The tall male sprinted to where he heard the howls of, what he assumed to be pain, come from. While trying to find the person behind the cries, he found a pool of red.

"What the...? What is this?" He questioned, looking around to see where the liquid was coming from. Then, he spotted it, the person he was looking for! Except, that person was no longer living, he was nothing more than a corpse. "O-Oh my god... who could have done such a thing?" He shuddered with his hands covering his mouth to stop himself from letting out what he had for breakfast that morning. He took several steps closer in order to examine the body and determine what the cause of death was, kneeling down beside the body when close enough. What he was expecting was some type of stab wound or anything else you'd see out of criminal minds. What he actually found, though, was something much more petrifying than anything he could have imagined.

"Bite marks?! Oh my god... it looks like.. human bite marks?! Poor bastard... it looked like he could barely hold is guts inside of his body.... What the fuck man?! What type of shit is this?!" The way he spoke made him even more fearful. The shakiness of his voice stood out more than anything, he was the adult, the one who had to make everyone feel safe and calm. But now? He needed someone to be the adult for him. The once strong and supportive legs of him were reduced to nothing but jello as he made an attempt to stand. If another minute of his time was wasted standing in that room, he would definitely be leaving his food from earlier on the ground.

Unfortunately, it seems that the best of us get taken to the heavens too early. He had stumbled over to the doorway of the room, breathing a sigh of relief now that the fresh air of the school hallways lingered into his nostrils. Right when he placed his right foot a step further, he felt an agonizing pinching feeling sinking into his shoulder. All it did was tingle at first, but as the realization of what was causing the pain settled, he couldn't help but scream.

He had been bitten.

The feeling of teeth digging into his skin and ripping it apart had a gut-wrenching effect on him, the world itself seemed to be losing color. He managed to push whatever the hell bit him off, wincing in pain due to the cool breeze in the halls brushing against the wound. His hazel eyes darted upwards, both terrified and anxious to see what the perpetrator of such injuries looked like.

"Oh... my... god..." he mumbled, ready to soil his undergarments. What he saw was utterly bone-shaking, a walking corpse, something you would see out of a generic horror movie. But in this situation, it was no movie, it was real life and he was about to get real life torn apart if he didn't move his ass soon. So, that's what he did, he made a run for it to his classroom, not brave enough to see if that thing was still following him or not. The students inside the classroom looked at him with curious and scared expressions, which was no surprise. I mean, his shirt was literally missing a piece of itself and he had blood spilling out from his shoulder. If anything, he would have expected them to start screaming and panicking, but all they did was sit and watch.

"E-Everyone... huddle i-into that corner over there and stay quiet, alright? Everything will be fine!" The teacher reassured them, trying to put on a facade so that his despair could be masked. Inside he knew that nothing would be fine, he knew that everyone in this building that did not already have the will to fight would soon join whatever the hell attacked him in the first place. Would he ever say that out loud to his students? Of course not. Did he feel a tinge or guilt for not being able to do anything more to maintain their safety? Of course he did, but he was only a human, a dying one at that.

They all did as told and huddled in the corner. Some of them texting their loved ones about the situation, others not even looking away from their teacher who stood in a "ready for anything" position at their classroom door. It was comforting to see that he would still try and protect them, but he was only one man.

The teacher glanced over at the younger guys and gals shivering in their shoes from fear, he would have taken no mind to how they acted if it had not been for the fact that they weren't look at him. Rather, they were looking at something behind him. He turned to see behind him, and there stood the thing that bit him. It was uglier up close, the skin it had left was barely hanging onto the bones, and it reeked! Still, it would be better to examine the thing if it was dead. He grabbed onto his book where all of his students paperwork were in and slammed it into the undead looking creature's head. The monster staggered backwards, letting out a ghastly moan from the impact.

"S-Sensei!" A girl hollered, trying to get her teachers attention in any way. He nodded his head to signal he was listening while staring at the threat that tottered over. "To your left! There's o-one right there! Watch out!" She screamed, this time even louder. Which, in hind sight, was probably a bad idea. He took in what she had to say and turned in the direction she had mentioned, and there another one stood. This time though, that walking corpse looked familiar. It was the boy who had dropped dead in the room he was in moments before, he was still dead but at the same time, he wasn't.

With no time to properly think of a way to deal with both monstrosities as they inched closer, he did the only thing he could do. He quickly grabbed ahold of a seat from a desk in the front row of the class and swung it so it would hit both of the undead killers. Once he saw that they fell on their backs to the point where it would take a bit of time for them to get up, he rounded his pupils up and led them all to an exit.

With the door to the outside of the building being near, everyone heaved a sigh of relief. All except for their teacher who knew it was never good to lower your guard in times like these. But he let them recollect themselves, he too believed that what he saw back there would be handled by the law and would soon be a mere memory. Then, everything would go back to normal! Right?

Wrong.

As soon as they hit the exit, a deep, loud roar bellowed from behind them. All of their first reactions were to scream, but the voice they had was now gone. All they did now was stare at the thing before them.

It was tall, almost 9 feet! The body proportions were uneven, one arm bigger than the other, same with the lights. It was something straight out of a video game! A green substance leaked from his shoulders, arms and head. Dull eyes being awkwardly positioned on the face. Lastly, the long, sharp nails it bared on its unnaturally large hand had large amounts of blood on it. Indicating that if they were to fall victim to its attacks, they would not be the first or the last. The hideousness of this monster caused everyone's blood to run cold, they were so close to the exit and yet, they were still caught.

Their beloved teacher strode to the front of the pack, raising his arms so they were at both sides of him as if he were some sort of shield. The students all asked him what he was doing, trying to pry him away from where he stood so they could all leave together. But all he did was shake his head and smile, turning his head just enough so that they could see one side of his face.

"No need to worry about me, children. Please, run for your lives and never look back! Your family is waiting for you... so please!" He pleaded, his eyes holding the most heart breaking emotions they had ever seen. They hesitated, but slowly nodded and ran to the directions of their homes. He sniffled, glad that he was at least able to save his pupils.

Too bad he couldn't save himself, huh?