冬 : acceptance

sakura took a sip on her coffee as she was roaming her eyes around, eyeing out the other costumers and greeted them with a polite smile.

she's waiting for hyewon. the japanese had decided to watch a movie and the younger agreed, saying they'll meet on their usual hang out place.

she sighed, it's been three years - yet she still couldn't forget about chaeyeon. the hurtful and euphoric memories would always gush through her mind, and would always make her feel regretful even more.

"saku-chan,"

sakura turned around and saw hyewon walking towards her direction, smiling from ear to ear and it was obviously a sincere one.

she smiled with that. hyewon and her had been friends for years, too. after what happened to her and chaeyeon, she felt lifeless. she would skip her classes, doesn't eat her meals and was very short tempered.

she met hyewon in the volleyball field. the younger wasn't very good at that sport, and it was very obvious that she was having a hard time. hyewon almost broke her wrist because of the huge impact of the ball, making her whimpered silently - and sakura was there, she saw how blue hyewon was, so she helped her and both of them went to the school clinic. hyewon was stiff at first, but sakura approached her. the younger wasn't that quiet at all, she talks a lot and that made sakura relief. they talked about random things and it was the start of their friendship.

"sakura unnie? are you alright?" hyewon asked.

the japanese nodded, "of course"

both had chatted for awhile. talking about some random things and would laugh on each other's jokes. sakura knew how hyewon valued her, and she would definitely do the same.

hyewon had a call from minami, saying the two had planned on meeting up. sakura smiled and nodded, letting hyewon go with minami for today.

waved their hands as the cool winter breeze gushed through their hairs, it was very cold outside when both of them parted their ways.

on sakura's way home, she didn't expected whom she had seen. she was very far but the japanese can trust her senses and sight. she was sure it was chaeyeon, still the same lee chaeyeon whom she loves.

she stopped walking, couldn't even move a single muscle. lips were trembling along with her cold hands. she was nervous that she wanted to vomit. it's been years, three years to be exact yet she still couldn't accept it: that chaeyeon and her were over, and no one could possibly bring them back together. the japanese knew she'd been so selfish, and for how many times she regrets it, she regrets more.

she inhaled, exhaled and calmed a bit. she knew this could be the right thing to do. she wanted to clear things. she had enough, she was hurt and so on. all she wanted was just peace, and a deep closure between her and chaeyeon.

"ch-chae.. yeon!" she called out, even struggling to speak out. the japanese's face paled as chaeyeon turned her gaze towards her together with those very familiar surprised eyes.

sakura didn't knew what to do next. she just stared at the other girl, who was even hesitating to come over her but ended up walking slowly.

the japanese looked down as she felt chaeyeon's warm presence, it was like just before and she admit she missed her, so much.

"sakura-chan..."

she looked up, welcoming chaeyeon's mesmerizing eyes. she didn't even changed a bit, except for her hair that's shorter. her smiles, those eyes, those stares - just like before.

chaeyeon smiled, "how are you now?"

sakura doesn't even know how to speak nor react. she noticed how calm and composed chaeyeon was. she felt hurt, it only represents that the japanese, sakura was the only one wishing for them to be together again.

she forced a smile, not making her eyes obvious since she was afraid if chaeyeon might see her.

she pretended to sound cheerfully as she chuckled, "i'm doing good. perhaps, do you want to grab a snack?" she started out.

chaeyeon immediately nodded, "sure!"

and that's how sakura realized, chaeyeon already forgot about past, she had moved on. sakura smiled bitterly. she felt so dumb, she wanted to blame herself. it's always her fault, it's her.

both went on a pizza house and ate together. chaeyeon's still the same, the caring and the nice one. they talked and chatted a bit just like before, even laughed on each other's joke. sakura knew how happy she was just by taking to chaeyeon, but it's different now. they can't be with together.

"sakura-chan, about us."

sakura paused, expecting words coming from chaeyeon that would definitely stab her.

"before, i never knew we would end up like that. we were so happy back then. i couldn't waste time when i'm with you." chaeyeon added.

she stared at the japanese, "i know it was also my fault. i've been so busy and i didn't even bothered to look after you, i was so selfish back then."

the japanese remained silent, welcoming chaeyeon's eyes as if reading each other's souls.

"i did all of those for our sake. but it was so dumb of me when i didn't even bothered to chase you after that night, nor explained and that's why you're still confused until now."

"sakura-chan, i knew you've been hurt a lot and so do i, but you don't have to blame yourself just because you think you're the one who took granted. it was my fault, too."

tears was gushing down coming from sakura's eyes. facing chaeyeon with her words stuck her mind. chaeyeon was right, all this time she'd only blamed herself, not even knowing the whole story.

"let's clear all things right, we shouldn't let our past engraved us forever, we should learn to accept things. moving on is just an option, acceptance is the better way."

as chaeyeon continued, things were getting clearer for sakura. now, she understand why did she suffered like that, it is because she didn't buried the past and had a huge hole in her heart.

"we just need to accept things and start over." with that, sakura stood up and immediately hugged chaeyeon. she felt better, she's free now.