Prologue

Why does things go wrong in my way?

Why am I even born?

Why does it have to be me?

What did I do wrong to deserve this?

Seijuro...

Why can't you love me? 

In the gym of Rakuzan at 8 p.m, there Seijuro stood in the middle of the court. My heart was racing just by the sight of him, but my heart hurts... knowing that what he's gonna say will surely wreck me.

Besides... the one who truly has his heart was her.

"I'm sorry... she came back." Seijuro said in a cold tone as I gulped and held my chest. Why does it still hurt even though I knew it from the very start?

Oh right. That's because I love him so damn much to the point it hurts.

"But I love you." my head hung low as I fight the tears that's ready to flow from my eyes. I did everything, I swallowed my pride, I became his shoulder, I took his demons and made it mine, I gave him everything but then it is still her.

"I like you... Kaede, but I love her. Please understand." he said in a soft tone. I clenched my fist as the tears fall from my eyes.

Why does it have to be me? I just... did everything. Am I not enough?

"Seijuro, please don't leave me." I sobbed and hugged him so tight. He just stood still, not doing anything. I closed my eyes as my chest started to tighten so bad.

I'm so fuckin' hurt and I'm scared coz any second now I'm gonna lose him.

He pushed me away lightly as his mismatched eyes look at me and my tears just wont stop flowing. Those eyes that makes my knees weak and my heart skip a beat, those eyes that captivated me at first sight.

"I'm sorry but If you really love me... the set me free."

I just stared at him while tears are still flowing from my eyes.

Set him free? Can I do it? But I love him so much. For once, I want to be selfish and just keep him to myself but I know... he will never be happy.

"Is that what you really want?" I but my lower lip as I waited for his answers

"Yes." I closed my eyes as a series of pain hit me. So, this is it huh?

Seconds pass and silence surrounded us. Then a soft voice echoed in the whole gym.

"Seijuro?" the girl whom Seijuro loves said. Seijuro's eyes look at her and I saw how his eyes turned soft and filled with love and adoration.

And there I knew... that when I was fighting for him, someone already won his heart.

In the end, I didn't matter.

Why does it have to be me to take three steps back for others to be happy?

"Hayama-senpai!" I exclaimed his name in a cheerful tone. I plastered a smile on my face as I made my way towards them: Hayama-senpai, Mibuchi-senpai and Akashi-kun.

I saw how their expressions turned from happy to ominous. Base from their reactions I can sense that they're not happy to see me.

Once I reached them, I gave them a cheerful smile and waved at them but they just looked at me and slightly smiled. They might probably ask why I am here again bothering them...annoying them but I just wanna hang out.

I just feel lonely and... I don't have anyone to invite to.

"There's a new cafe in the town. Do you wanna go there tomorrow?" I said with a smile still on my face. 

They looked at Akashi who seems like uninterested in the conversation. I tried to keep a frown from showing from my face and maintain the cheerful attitude especially that I'm talking to them... to him.

"I'm sorry Suzuki-san but we have basketball practice tomorrow." Mibuchi-senpai said. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I try to maintain the smile on my face.

I'm so fake.

"Reo, Hayama let's go." Seijuro said and turned his back on me.

Mibuchi-senpai and Hayaman-senpai just faked a smile at me and later on turned to backs on me and followed Seijuro.

I clenched my fist and heaved a deep sigh.

I'm gonna be okay.

I'm... okay.

"Doctor! Patient Seven's heartbeat is slowing down!" voices over voice, beeping of a machine and footsteps.

I can't move a single part of my body. I hurt everywhere as I felt like a truck is dropped on my body. I have a hard time breathing as I hear panic voices near me.

What is it?

Am I dying?

Is this what dying feels like?

Living or dying... it doesn't matter.

Cos it hurts either way.

*Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

It's cold.

So damn cold. 

I though the afterlife is supposed to be warm and nice.

I opened my eyes and inhaled deep. It felt like I was drowning at one moment then when I suddenly opened my eyes I felt like I was pulled out of the water. 

I can feel my heart beat so loud that I put my hand on my chest and clenched it. Why is it still beating? I thought I already died? 

Then that's when I noticed that I'm lying on a soft mattress. I sat down and looked around only to find out that I'm in someone's bedroom. 

I'm wearing a pure white sleeveless dress that made my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. I looked around again the room. It was painted in Royal black and gold as the things inside the room is also gold and black. 

Is this a man's room?

Aside from its color and interior, the room smells manly too.

Where am I?

Is this the afterlife? In a room? Did I survive? I feel alive though but what about the accident? 

Ugh I don't understand.

I went down the bed and went to this room's huge window and what I saw made my eyes widened in shock. 

I can see lights from the city just below this house..err mansion? It's night time already probably explains why it's cold but seriously where am I?

I was about to turn around and explore more when I felt a cold and sharp knife on my neck as a warm heat embraced me from behind. 

I gulped.

"Who are you?" a manly and chilling cold voice said from behind me.

What the heck?

___________________________________

SLOW UPDATE GUYS