1/50

Ellie let out a sob as she held her hands over her chest, curled up into a fetal position of the floor. Beverly knocked on the door, as her and Ellie were the closest, besides Ellie and Mike.

"Ellie? Ellie, baby, can you talk to me?" She was met by gasping breaths. Ellie couldn't breathe. Beverly tried to open the door, but it was locked. Crap, she thought. She sprinted to get the key to her room, and got there with more shallow breaths. As she opened the door, she saw Eleanor, who was in a sports bra and shorts due to the almost 100 degree heat outside. She went over to the bed and got her nebulizer, hooking it up within seconds. Beverly pushed it up to Ellie's face, and she put a hand over Beverly's, taking deep breaths. The front door opened, but Beverly could only hear her heartbeat beating in her ears. "That's it, baby, deep breaths. In and out, you've got it. Do you think you can breathe on your own?"Ellie nodded, and Bev took the mask off.

"Thanks, Bevvie. Love you." She said as she hugged Beverly. Bev rubbed her back.

"Bev? Ellie? Where are you guys?" Mike's voice rang out, and Ellie scrambled out to get to him.

--Ellie's POV-

"Mike!" I say as I jump into his arms (Lol this is so cringggg). He hugged me, and I buried my face into his neck.

"Yo, it's hot as balls out there." Richie came in, probably just to ruin it. I give him a glare, and he laughed.

"We've only been gone  for an hour, you okay? Is it your asthma?" Eddie asks I nod. His asthma wore off a few years ago. "Come on, get your bikini on, we're going in the pool. But only once." I smiled and ran back to my room to get my cute ass bikini on. 

I walk out and everyone's in the pool already. I go out the sliding door, and everyone greets me with a small coo. I'm the youngest, right behind Richie by a few months(I'm still only 20) along with the shortest, a few inches behind Eddie. I also weight the least, a few pounds under Beverly, which is pushing underweight. I remember what tomorrow is, and I throw my head back. I took a day off work, and I work at a hospital, and tomorrow I get a couple interns.

"Oh god, what's wrong?" Stan asks, and they all look at me.

"We get fucking 17-year-old smartass interns tomorrow, and I'm resident, which means I HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. Richie, pass me the apple juice." He took a swig of it and passed it to me. I took a few gulps of it. 

"Hey, r-r-remember, at one t-time you were the s-s-smartass int-t-tern." Bill said.

"Yeah, but everyone EXCEPT her was a fucking dumbass, and they were at least 20." Eddie said, and everyone chuckled. "You ready to start being the teacher now, Babycakes?" I shrug, blushing t the nickname.

"Okay, Ellie come here, I want to make out." Richie said. I sighed and passed the aj to Stan. I sexily walked over to Richie and almost connected our lips, and then pushed his head under at the last minute. He came up and glared at me. 

"Don't use me, because remember,, you may be my patient one day." I tell him. he rolls his eyes and walk into the house.

"I'll just jerk off on my own, then." He says, and Eddie goes after him.

"Ew, I don't think I could have a dick in me." I say, going back over and drinking my apple juice. I almost dropped it when I realized something."Fuck, fuck, fuck, Eddie, I forgot my pager." I go after Eddie, almost slipping, and sprint up the stairs, grabbing a ringing pager. I burst into our room, only to find them just making out.

"Eddie, Chit's paging. Multiple traumas, ER5, we got 10 minutes." We both hurry and get our scrubs on, and sprint to the car, yelling our bye's. They say bye back as we get in the car, and Eddie starts it.

"Did she say what happened?" I shrug.

"No, but I'm guessing heat stroke behind the wheel. It's almost seven and it's still almost 90 degrees out here. I wouldn't be surprised if air conditioning broke."

"What about the windows?"

"Eddie, there's no wind out here, and if we opened the windows, it would be a frickin hair dryer," We arrive and walk swiftly into the hospital. On our way to ER5, we get our gown, masks, and gloves on. Just in time, ambulance arrives, and I push through everyone to open the doors. "What do we got?" I ask.

"Unconscious male, 25, and a conscious female infant. Other ambulances coming in with trauma patients, this patient passed out behind the wheel." Lexie, the paramedic, brought the girl out, and Mike brought the man out.

"I'll take the girl." I say, and they give her to me. Sometimes I work on pediatrics, so when things like this happen, I am the only one doing this. She is crying when they hand her to me, so I speed walk to the emergency room. I lay her on the bed, and Eddie runs in, with Olivia, our best friend. "Hey baby, can you go order a ct?"

"On another hand, we have to go, Richie's coming in the ambulance, he fell out of a tree, he's badly hurt, but not badly hurt."

"Liv, take care of our infant Jane Doe." She nods, and we both sprint. We wait for a bit outside, but then the ambulance pulls up. Eddie opens the doors, and sure enough, it's Richie, and right beside him is Bill. "Oh god, Richie." I say as they bring him out, and Bill hops out. I see Richie's about to cry.

"Eds, hey, Hey Ellie." He says voice cracking. I sigh. " Am I gonna die?" I shake my head, and we transfer him to a bed, and he groans in pain.

"Richard, for the last time, you didn't hit your head, you're not dying." Bill calls from the waiting room. He smiles.

"You're gonna be okay, bub." I say, hooking him up to a monitor.  He grips my hand. He hates hospitals. "We have to get an iv in you, because you lost some blood. Eddie, go get some blood." He nods and goes, but Richie stops him.

"No, don't leave, Eddie, please." Eddie opens his mouth to say something, but I cut him off.

"Hey, 'Chee, I know this is really scary for you, but you need to get blood, you're losing a lot of it right now. I also need you to tell me what hurts right now." I say, stroking his hair lightly. I really do feel bad, even if he's a dumbass, I still love him.

"My back, it feel like something's in it, and I can't move without it hurting." He says, and I feel a pain in my heart. If we don't get this out, it could mean something bad. "Wait, do you have to do surgery?" I thought for a minute.

"Hold that thought." I say sprinting to Raily. She was the chief of surgery, and she was Eddie's resident. "Dr. Raily, about Richard Tozier, would it be possible to-"

"You're the resident, make your own decisions. I'm free." She walked away. Ellie thought for a minute. 

"If I give him morphine, turn him onto the side, and make an incision I could get it out." She said, running.