Chapter one

"I guess I've just never been interested in anyone" he explained , pushing his glasses up his nose as he set the books down on the desk at the front of the class. The class in the process of currently questioning his love life.

"Maybe you're ace Mr Holmes?" One piped up, the girl known as Charlie piped up.

"Scuse me?" The teacher asked in reply to her suggestion .

"Ya know like not attracted to anyone, or not sexually at least, you don't wanna fuck em?" A boy piped up with a rather crude full body action that was frowned at by Mr Holmes.

"Ignore him but that's true what he says! Like you might like someone but not be wanting to bed em just sorta like them...a lot" Charlie tried . God it was hard explaining stuff like this to adults . Shouldn't they know all this already?

Mr Holmes just smiles slightly shaking his head amused, the words 'maybe' and 'I wonder' hovering through his thoughts as he began his class, the thought pushed aside.

He taught the lesson, packed up, the class exited as year elevens do, running out as quick as they can before the teacher changes their mind, mr Holmes never did.

He went to clearing his desk and moving a pen pot to the side, it's placement bugging him before he grabbed his practice papers for his next class and began heading to the next classroom he was needed in.

The corridors were busy and it was hardly surprising given the consequences he was gonna collide headlong with what he assumed must have been one of the rugby players going by the stocky build he hadn't had time to register when it was hitting him.

He scrambled to collect the test papers before they were trodden, teenagers running past and dutifully ignoring the calamity as the person he bumped into began to help gather his papers and handed them to him.

"Sorry about that" a soft accent said, and he looked up as the papers were handed back to him, already arranged all upright.

And that was when it hit him, he felt breathless for the second time that day, but this time the wind had been knocked out of him in a more metaphorical sense. At that point the blonde man that stood in front of him offered a hand and pulled him to his feet as he readjusted his glasses again having knocked them slightly skew.

"New pe teacher, just got here a couple days ago, this is my first proper day here though" the blond smiles and rubs a hand through his hair, "names John, John Watson, you are?"

"Sherlock, Sherlock Holmes" Mr Holmes smiled slightly hoping he wasn't grimacing at the awkwardness that was lingering in his chest.

"Well it was nice to meet you Sherlock, I guess I'll bump into you again beautiful" and that was that before John had jogged away and the bell was ringing and oh god Sherlock Holmes was late to class. For the first time in ten years. And he was blushing like a bloody schoolgirl which would be fitting if he was ten years younger and still at school, as it was, he was 26 and seriously questioning his life choices that lead to that moment.

.....

He got there, just in time for his pupils to not leave the classroom out of boredom or curiosity, and set down the exam papers.

"Sorry about that, got caught up with one of the newbies" he says and smiles apologetically.

"Is that who you were going all gooey eyed at when you tripped in the corridor ?" One of the pupils piped up and Sherlock turned his head away as a blush began at the mention of the blonde with the blue eyes and when had he noticed johns eyes were blue?

He rearranged the stack of papers before he began placing one on every table and regained his cool composure.

"There will be no talking, no whispering, you will have one hour to complete the test and will raise your hand if you get stuck, I will not give you the answer but I will provide guidance in the area" his baritone voice rang through the class with an air of authority, he knew he could be a proper teacher when the need arose and not just the favourite, it's why he was chose for this class.

"But mr Holmes sir! There's so many pages, it'll take two!" Harvey complained, his hair a mess from the wind outside and a daisy chain in his auburn tufts.

"No I have faith you'll finish all of it if not most of it within the time limit , half the questions are simple yes or no. I have faith you can tick a box at random if you truly don't know, your time starts now" he announced as he began setting his watch to one hour and headed to the front of the class leaning against his desk.

It wasn't completely his fault thoughts of Watson wondered into his mind. He'd called him beautiful for starters, maybe Watson aught to horror his glasses just so he double check that one. He certainly wasn't a looker with his high cheekbones and black curly hair and narrow eyes. He wasn't anybody , he was six foot of gangly bones and not much muscle to speak of, dressed in a sharp suit with a bow tie to top off his slightly quirky character, glasses perched precariously on his nose when he was nose deep in a book in the staff room.

Sherlock Holmes was sharp and resentful unless of course you were one of his pupils and he would defend your honour with his dying breath.

He wasn't one for coping with adults, too many social norms and rules to fit in, too many stereotypes already made, whereas kids were less judging and the weirder the teacher the more kids seemed to love them, especially with a stash of lollies under the desk if they did something especially clever.

Mr Holmes was adored by his pupils, praised by his colleagues and a excellent teacher.

What he wasn't; was good with relationships of any kind.