Chapter One

“Thanks for the offer Clark but it’s coming along fine, I have Wayne Enterprises R&D department doing the work on the surface so there’s no leaks on information there. No, they have been going out a lot. It’s the first time Ravens really seen Gotham so Damien’s been showing her the sights. Haha yes, smitten would be a word for it. No I think everything is going to be just fine for some time. Events like this tend to keep the underground elements in hiding for a bit while they watch what happens.”

“With Batman and his allies emerging victorious in their latest battle, some citizens are questioning....” “hmm, heroes at it again" says a guard while he sits at his desk watching the latest news on Gotham Channel 5. “Hey Gerry, be a pal and turn that up wont you.” Says a voice behind him. “Why? It’s just the usual. Batman out defending the city, only this time he had a bunch of other heroes with him.” Replies Gerry. “You’re telling me that Batsy had a party? And he didn't invite meeeee?! Well this just wont do, will it. Hehe hehehe ahaHA haHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaHAhaaaaaa"

.
.
.

The penthouse had a pleasant chill flowing through it as Damian sat in one of the armchairs looking out over the city. Stars dotted the night sky as he watched the clouds wonder along.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Raven asked as she entered the room to stretch her legs. She hadn’t really been sleeping much recently.

Damian sat for just a moment before answering. “I was wondering what Gar and Jaime have been up to. Barry didn’t bring them down with him and most of the league was here so, they were left, unsupervised. I’d be surprised if the towers still standing.” He responded in his characteristically monotone way. Raven couldn’t help but smile and let out a small giggle.

“Worried about them? Also, tea?” she replied as she strolled into the open plan kitchen.

“Please. And if you were already making one, yes please.” He first scoffed and added softly as he got up and joined the pale girl in the kitchen area.

Raven made them both tea with a small but noticeable smile on her face while Damian sat himself down at the counter and just, admired her for a moment. It had been a few weeks since the fight with Trigon and nobody had really spoken about it. There were news articles and reports on TV but none of his family or friends or even Raven had said much about it. He wasn’t sure why, was it concern for her feelings or his? Did they think that nothing needed to be said, like it was just what families do? Should he wait until Raven brought it up herself to let him know she was ready to talk? It was starting to drive him a little mad.

“Damian? Your tea?” Ravens voice broke through his train of thought.

“Hmm? Oh, sorry" he replied suddenly noticing the tea in front of him and Raven sat by his side at the counter.

“Damian. What’s really on your mind?” She asked with concern written all across her face.

“I. I didn’t, still don’t, know how to ask but, are you doing ok?” He stumbled out almost sheepishly and it took Raven back a bit. Not the question itself but the way it came out.

She looked down at her tea, her hair falling from behind her ear covering her expression. “It’s strange, I don’t know how to feel about how I’m feeling because after everything that’s happened, I don’t feel anything. I feel grateful, more than I can express, to your family and all the people that came to my aid and helped me defeat my father. And all the trouble your father, brothers and sisters have gone through letting me stay here with you all. Not to mention Alfred driving us place to place so much. It’s all so new to me. That said, when it comes to how I feel about actually defeating my father and being free from him, him being dead and gone, I just. There’s nothing there and I don’t know how to feel about that.”